Chapter 1

My hum turns into a soft, whispering song. "There's something in my closet, something, hiding from me." It goes back to a soft hum.

My mom puts my blue hair into a bun, and my outfit is picked by my fashion freak sister.

"Mom," I grab my keys. "Can I go to the farm to see Frosty?" She looks up from the sink. She then looks down.

"Sure, be home by 2:30." I go out the door and turn on my red truck.

I drive to the farm and park in my spot. Then I head towards the gate.

The man who takes care of Frosty for me is there, and notices me.

"Hi," I look past him. "Where's Frosty?" He looks back. "Oh, Frosty?"

I nod. "We sent her to a breeding center, she'll be back in about 5 minutes."

"Ok," I turn to my truck. "I'm gonna get a drink from the gas station."

I get in my truck, and go to the gas station.

I buy the green apple juice, and go to the counter. "Thank you." He hands me my change and I head out.

I drive back to the farm and check my watch.

12:00 pm. I have two hours and 30 minutes left, and I see Frosty, so I get out.

"Could I take her for a ride?" He nods. "Sure you can, Naomi!" He opens the gates and I climb on Frosty.

"You ready?" She takes off, and I feel the wind on my face.