08

Bakugou and Kirishima fought back to back

Bakugou and Kirishima fought back to back. More villains had continued to pour into the faux office building as they'd fought their way down floor by floor. The blonde grimaced, firing blast after blast. The room was loud and full of sound, but all he could hear was a girl screaming, reaching out for someone to save her.

Someone that wasn't him.

The unwelcome thought fed his anger, his attacks rising to a new level of ferocity. "Die, you bastards!" He growled, his vermillion eyes narrowed. I saved her ass how many times, and she looks to that Icy Hot bastard for help?!

A flash of silver caught his eye. "Watch it, Shitty Hair!" He yelled. The rock-skinned boy turned just in time, successfully blocking the attack and quickly disarming the villain.

"Thanks, man!" He sent him a sharp-toothed grin. Bakugou blocked an oncoming kick with his arm, palming the villain's face with his other hand and exploding it. He released a battle cry as two others tried to ambush him from either side. With a quick uppercut and swift kick to the temple, the two villains joined the growing pile of limp bodies on the ground.

They kept attacking relentlessly until, finally, the heroes-in-training were the last two standing.

"Let's hurry and find the rest of our class." Kirishima panted, wiping at the sweat dripping down his face. "If we're both still in the USJ, then everyone else probably is, too. And not all of them have the offensive skills we do. We gotta make sure they're safe. Especially since we screwed things up when we got in the way earlier." He stared down at the ground, his fists clenched so tightly by his sides that the knuckles turned white.

"If Thirteen had been able to suck up that villain, then we never would've been separated like that." Disappointment, anger, and self-loathing deepened his voice. He turned to face the ash blonde. "Sana could be in a lot of trouble right now. We have to help her and make it up to the others!"

"You wanna track everyone down and be her knight-in-shining-armor, have fun. But I'm gonna go destroy that warpy bastard." Bakugou flexed his fingers, shaking out his arms. The muscles were beginning to cramp and ache from overuse of his quirk. He'd have to act fast before they completely stiffened.

Kirishima placed a hand on the blonde's shoulder. "Our physical attacks didn't hurt that guy." Bakugou shrugged him off, moving towards the exit.

"C'mon," the redhead called after him. "Don't be an idiot, man."

"SHUT UP!" Bakugou glared over his shoulder. "I'm gonna take him down because he's their way in and out. If I cut off their escape route, they'll be stuck here."