Midsummers

SMALL CHAPTER

"Dad?!" I yell, walking into the house.

"Sweetie?" He asks, walking into view.

"Where's Rafe?" I ask, looking around.

"He's out somewhere. You're home. Look, I'm so sorry about last time you were her-" 

"It's ok, dad. I was being an asshole." I cut in, not meaning a word. He's an asshole.

"Who the hell, did that to your neck?!" He yells, walking over to me and lifting my chin up to examine the hand mark Rafe left on my neck.

"Your son." I say, tears filling my eyes from the memory. "He nearly killed me, all because I was protecting my friends." I say, a tear slipping down my face. He wipes it off and pulls me in for a hug.

"It's ok, sweetie. I love you. And I'm going to talk to him, but first... It's Midsummers." He says, holding up a long blue dress. "I think it's too revealing but I thought it was more your style." He smiles.

"Thank you, dad." I smile, grabbing it and walking to my room to get ready.

I apply some light make up and pull on my dress, making it sit perfect around my body, "I'm ready." I smile, walking down the stairs.

"You look amazing sweetie." Dad smiles, holding up a flower crown decorated with white daisies

"Thank you, dad." I smile, hugging him.

"Let's go, the others are waiting in the car. Rafe is in there as well, so if you and me want to take a separate car, then that's fine." He says, holding my hand.

"No it's ok, dad. I'll just slap him if he gets to much." I smile.

"That's my girl." He smiles.

We walk out of the restaurant met with applauds, while Rose and Dad up the front, while Rafe, Sarah, Wheezie and I follow close behind. Of course, Sarah gets the attention and smiles from every teenager on figure eight whilst I get glares and disgusting smirks from guys. I instantly search the crowd for Kie and Pope and find them pondering in the back. 

"Don't cause a scene." Rafe says, grabbing my wrist. "Not now. Not until we get home. I can't stand to be embarrassed by you again." He seethes. I roll my eyes and pull out of his grasp before walking off towards my friends.

"Kiss my ass Rafe!" I yell, pulling up my middle finger. "Fancy seeing you here." I smile, hugging Kie and Pope.

"You look hot, Jade." Kie laughs.

"It'll look even hotter on your bedroom floor." I smirk making Pope cringe and Kie laugh.

"You could've used something better Jade." He laughs lightly.