1

"You know," Akiko Yosano said thoughtfully, "I don't think I've ever seen you two go on an actual date."

Raiden Ryoma and Kyoka paused their conversation to stare blankly at her, then at each other.

The pair had been walking around the mall on a hunt for some unknown object when Akiko Yosano had popped up and insisted on joining them.

She'd followed them, listening to their typical banter, until that bit of wisdom popped out. Really, it was no wonder Raiden Ryoma and Kyoka were confused.

Akiko Yosano huffed at their expressions. "It's not that hard to understand me, is it?"

"Uh, no," Kyoka Izumi said slowly. "But that didn't make any sense. We go on dates all the time."

She gave him an unimpressed look. "Name one that doesn't involve killing people, or fighting port-mafia, or some other non-romantic activity."

Raiden Ryoma blinked. "Those don't count as romantic activities?"

Kyoka Izumi choked, and Akiko Yosano gaped. She closed her mouth after a moment and her eyes took on a determined gleam. "Alright, that's it. I'm setting up a proper date for you two. No, don't argue, I'm doing this no matter what. I'll call you tomorrow with details."

And she dashed off without giving them a chance to offer input.

Raiden Ryoma sighed and turned to his partner.

"How bad can it be?" He grimaced at Kyoka expression.

"Yeah, don't answer that. But it might be nice to have a little variety in our romantic life. 'Sides, if it turns out too bad, we can end things our way."

Kyoka frowned for another moment, then nodded. "Alright. We'll allow it this once."

Raiden ryoma grinned. "Great! Now what was it we were supposed to be looking for?"

-------
[Some place in yokohama]

"Explain to me again why I'm helping you spy on them."

Akiko Yosano looked up from the screen she'd been studying to see Kunikida looking as annoyed as he had since she'd first come in.

She smiled brightly, just like the last time he'd asked.

"Because I want to see how well their date goes, and you know you do too."

Kunikida sighed and turned back to the console. "If they find out, you're responsible."

Akiko Yosano refrained from pointing out that he'd said that several times, instead closely studying the scene before her.

Ryoma and Kyoka were sitting in a nice restaurant, chatting while they waited for their food.

Well, okay, it wasn't a super nice crip store, but it was nicer than the fast food places in Yokohama they'd been known to frequent.

Atleast Ryoma was feeding Kyoka Izumi The Crip!

And Ryoma was talking, mostly, while Kyoka sat, cheek resting on his palm, and allowed his eyes to glaze over.

Akiko Yosano burned a little; she couldn't hear what was said, since the drone couldn't get closer without being spotted, but her mission to make the couple do more couple-y things didn't seem very successful so far.

Kunikida noticed her expression and resisted the urge to roll his eyes. He offered a commiserating pat on the shoulder.

"If it makes you feel better, they don't exactly follow most norms of dating. You told me about Kyoka's comment, remember? All that stuff they usually do is dating to them." He nodded sideways at the console.

"This probably just isn't their sort of thing."

Akiko Yosano bit her lip, debating whether it was too early to admit defeat. Her eyes flashed as she made her decision.

"No, I'm not giving up this early! They still have a movie and a romantic walk in the garden!"

Kunikida suppressed a sigh and returned to his other project. She'd get it eventually.

Really, though, it was a relief that she'd accepted Ryoma relationship with Kyoka at all.

He'd concluded that he could manage whatever fallout came with, and he'd stick with that conclusion.

Even if it meant watching cheesy romcoms while spying on the happy couple.

Kunikida looked up as the lights went on in the theatre. "Any luck?"

Akiko Yosano let out a long, disappointed sigh.

"No. They fell asleep."

He nodded, trying to look sympathetic.

Really, he was amused that their plan had gone sideways with such an obvious mistake.

They couldn't see much in the darkened theatre; the drone was built for a daylight excursion, after all.

But he wasn't going to point this out to Akiko Yosano. Instead, he said,

"There's still the walk."

She perked up immediately. "That's right! And that's the best part of a date: holding hands as you walk in a garden, just the two of you…" Suddenly she was brimming with enthusiasm again.

"It can't go wrong!"

 That's how raiden ryoma look like