Parcel 9

"I'm getting some air." I say, walking out of the van. I walk past the sign that leads to the Hawksnest and continue walking. I hear a loud crash and turn around just in time to see one of my best friends fall off of the nest. His body hits the ground with a loud thud. I run over to him and kneel down next to him.

My finger rushes to his neck, only to feel nothing. I try to scream for help but am unable to. I try again and it doesn't work. I put my hands on his chest and begin pumping them up and down. Sarah comes running up to me and pushes me away. John B bolts up, suddenly fine and unharmed and turns to Sarah. He wraps her in a hug and rubs her back. All of the pogues run up to them and join in on the hug... even JJ. Sarah looks at me with venom in her eyes and speaks, "Everyone will always chose me." she smirks.

"I chose Sarah." JJ says. 

"Me too." John B says.

"Me as well." Kie says.

"I do too." Pope says.

My head jolts up from the table and I get used to my surroundings. I'm in The Wreck. I just fell asleep, and it was fake. JJ didn't choose her over me. I reassure myself.

"Are you ok?" Speak of the devil. He looks at me with a slight frown on his face.

"Um- yeah. I couldn't sleep last night." I smile.

"I'm sorry, you're staying where?" Kie interrupts.

"Tannyhill." John B responds with taking a seat next to me.

"So you're living with Sarah Cameron?" 

"To be fair, Jade lives there too." He argues.

"Oh, we're just throwing me under the bus, are we?" I frown.

"Hey, so like do you have a membership to the clubs now?" Pope asks.

"I don't know, Pope."

"What about those golf carts they drive around? You get one of them?" JJ asks.

"Oh yeah, do you get a shitty personality, or does that adapt over time?" I ask, smiling.

"Look you promised. You said you weren't with her." Kie argues.

"Bro, just own it. She got you." JJ says, drinking some soda.

"Look, if you wanna hang out with her, that's fine. But I'm letting you know that I am not doing anything with her."

"Do you guys see her here?" John B asks. "No, right, ok. A little focus would be fantastic. We've got the map, right?"

"It's out of whack 'cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it." JJ says, pointing to the curvy lines.

"It's cause the coast has changed." Kie explains.

"So we just have to look for old land marks that haven't changed." Pope says.

"Battery Jasper." Kie suggests.

"We're in Battery, right here." Pope says, looking at the map. "So if this is Parcel 9, then it's somewhere northeast of here." He points ahead of us.

"So somewhere over there." I say.

"Over there? Guys, that's not Tannyhill, that's a subdivision." JJ says.

"Tannyhill Plantation used to be the entire Island. It got sold into smaller pieces over time." John B explains.

"Ok, so we're just looking for an old stone wall." I say.