~THIRTY-EIGHT~

"We're not the same. We're different in a good way.
Together's where we belong."

- High School Musical.

Hey, guys!😊 I'm back! And this chapter is dedicated to all the new readers and old ones who've stayed with me till now😊❤️ Thank you so much for over 6k reads.

God bless you!

A little heads-up before you read, though 🌚. This chapter has a lotta sport stuff. I hope you read to the end and realize why I had to write it this way.

I'm so excited to drop this update so if you see typos or errors, pardon me😂 I'll have to edit later.

That being said, y'all can read.

                                          •BOLU•

I should have seen it coming. Everything that happened on Monday. But no, I chose to believe that fairytales existed in real life. I didn't know exactly what or how to feel. All kinds of emotions came rushing to me. I couldn't describe how I felt that day. Couldn't describe how I felt the day after and the day after that day, because my emotions were mashed up and it became worse. I guess I was just so shocked that Ore would do that.

I wasn't expecting any more shockers after the fiasco with Sukky and his geng versus Ayo again. I had thought I wasn't going to witness any more drama. Not knowing that I would be in the drama, I would be the drama.

I had settled in class that morning. I figured it was still pretty early 'cause none of my friends were around and the class only had Jire Umubi in it. I remember giving him a curt wave and then I took my seat. Got lost in my thoughts for a while and smiling to myself. I was still humming that song — Girls Like You.

I was dreaming. Big time. I was so into the day dream that Ninu, Nina, Joy and Fred had to join forces to snap me out of it by clapping their hands in my face when they arrived. I had almost fallen off my chair. I thought it was worth it, honestly. I mean, it was day dream about Ore and I being together forever. So, falling off my chair meant nothing.

But now, I felt so stupid.

Anyway, I regained my balance and stared back as my friends stared at me, wondering if I was okay at all.

"Babes, what happened to you?" Ninuola asked, her palms folded on her abdomen.

"Yeah, are you fine?" Nina completed touching my shoulder. She looked really worried and I wondered why.

I shook my head. "Yeah, sure. I'm fine. Very fine." I laughed nervously. "Good morning." I grinned.

"Wonder why you're so weird this morning," Nina said and shook her head, giving me a hug. I hugged her back and whoa, it was like she had lost weight. How I didn't notice until then was quite surprising because we just saw each other on Saturday, didn't we?

"Wait oh, Nina, you've lost weight oh!" Ninuola had voiced out my thoughts, staring wide eyed at Nina. Her voice was loud so everyone else in the class turned towards our direction.

"That's true oh," Joy had said, affirming Ninuola's statement as she also stared at Nina.

"Yeahhh..." Fred agreed dropping his backpack and looking at Nina too.

"Was I talking to you people?" Ninuola asked the rest of the students who were looking in our direction when we noticed that Nina looked uncomfortable, very uncomfortable with the attention. And she was never uncomfortable with attention.