Chapter 26 ~ Pier

Mayella

"I wanna pursue art." I say as I smile at the man sitting across from me. We sneak out of the hotel to go on our first official date and I would say it's going pretty well. He is funny and he likes the same things as me.

"What college?" He asks and takes some fries from the basket. "University of Seattle." I say and he nods. "Any reason for that specific school?" I nod as I sip on my milkshake and put my hand up as a wait gesture. "My parents fell in love there, my dad played hockey there, and my mom did her thing there as well. It has so many connections."

"That sounds like an awesome opportunity." We talk about everything and anything as we begin to like each other more and more. I think I'm really falling for this guy. "So tell me, Reece." He says and he twirls around his straw.

"Reece?" I questioned? He nods proceeding me to go on. "He's my best friend and I have known him since I was a baby." I say because its a simple fact. "Yeah but I see the way he looks at you, you have nothing going on?"

I decided to be honest with him since if we date, he would find out either way. "Well I had a tiny crush back in middle school. Then he stabbed me in the back and now we are friends again." I leave out the details that Reece recently confessed his love for me.

"Interesting." He says and we fall silent.

We finish up our dinner and start to walk back to the hotel. He gives me a kiss on the cheek goodnight and I fall asleep trying to not dream about him.

🎀

We are spending our whole day at the pier. We are all in red shirts for our school colors as we walk through the pier stopping every once in a while to grab food and play games. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm holding hands with Ryland.

It's crazy. I feel on cloud nine right now. He is not embarrassed to show me off as his girl. His words not mine. Although we are not official, I think we labeled it as dating. I can see Reece has kept his distance from me though. I'm getting really sad at the thought that he might see this as his window to escape this friendship.

"Can we go on the Ferris wheel?" I ask and pull on Rylands hand like a child. He laughs and takes my hand in both of his arms. "Tonight, it will look better all lit up." I nod in agreement.

I scan over the pier to see if I can spot Reece and ask him if he can get me water. I'm feeling a little dehydrated and I don't want to stop Ryland just for that. I take out my phone and text him.

"Can you get me some water please?"

I wait for his response but look up every once in a while.

"Sure, where are you?"

"Over by the cotton candy"

"On my way."

Not even a second later Reece comes running with a bottle of what looks like cold water. I sit down on the bench. I thank him as I sit and gulp the water. I'm now sitting in between the two men that I'm torn about.

"You could have asked me to being you a water." Ryland shakes his head. "But I didn't want to stop you." I lie because in reality, I just wanted Reece to come hang out with me. Call me selfish for hanging out with the two guys that stole my heart.

We sit in silence while I catch my breath.

"Alright! We are going to leave the pier for a while and then come back later tonight!" Counselor Samuel says as we all gather on the bus to go back to the hotel.

🎀

Wow... Today was.. Wow.

We went to the pier in the morning and then we left and went on a hike for the rest of the day and now we are on the bus once again heading to the pier for the last time.

I get out and meet with Ryland as we head to the Ferris wheel like he promised. We stand in line as I jump up and down like a little girl waiting for her turn. We finally get to our turn as we buckle in close to each other.

The wheel starts to go up as we make some stops to get the whole view. Once we stop at the top I look over to see Ryland already looking at me. I give him a smile that turns into 'o' shaped when I notice him leaning in.

I lean in as well as I can feel his hot breath fan my face. Our lips almost touch and I close my eyes at the sensation of his hand coming up to cup my cheek. Once I know we are both consenting to this kiss I go in for the first move. But before I can crash my lips on his, the wheel goes back to moving and it catches us off guard.

We both jump back and he removes his hand from my face. Even though we didn't kiss, it was a great night. And I would do it again.

🎀

"I'm home!" I call out to mom and dad as they both come out of the kitchen and greet me with a hug. "Did you have fun?" I nod my head and tell them to go up to my room and unpack my suitcase.

Once I change into an oversized shirt and shorts I grab some paint supplies and head to my desk and start to paint. I wanted to paint something for Ryland and I thought a Ferris wheel would be a nice reminder.

I can't help but think about Reece and how he is feeling. I feel terrible because not too long ago, I turned him down and now I'm off with some other guy that I might have feelings for?

I think I'm messed up and need to decide what I want because I'm not going to be that person to play two people at once. It's either Ryland or Reece.

A/N

I MIGHT EVEN FINSH THIS BOOK TOMMOROW!

Grammar and spelling corrections are encouraged.

JESUS LOVES YOU!