Chapter 1: No Rice, Please

Chapter 1-No Rice, Please

"Oh my god!" Olivia was staring at me, her eyes glittering with laughter. Olivia was pretty small for her age, considering the fact that she was 17 and the size of a tall 6th grader. But, then again, she was really pretty.

"What?" I grunted, grabbing my backpack from the marble stool in my living room. I still don't get why it's even there. "That's racist!" she squeals, shoving her index finger close to my eyes. Seriously? First day of highschool, and my best friend was acting like a drunk.

"Saying that only Asians eat rice is not racist, Oll." I muttered. Don't get me wrong. Olivia is really nice, and is a great friend, but if you were on a stranded island with her, she'd probably volunteer to start chopping up pieces of her skin to eat. Not to be a cannibal or anything, but it's true. SHe's what I'd call a bit too nice.

By the time we were out the door, she had already moved on. Hell, she was chatty. She was blabbering 100 words a second. "I totally can't wait until school starts! There's going to so much to do! Setting up for the beginning of the year party, buying a dress..." her voice melted into awe as she stared dreamily into space. Olivia, was the leader of the student council, and was pretty much every teacher's favorite. If I were normal, I would've taken her to the hospital. But because I'm not, I just let her kinda float in her own little zone. She got like this sometimes. Sighing, I plowed her through the grass of my backyard. Mom and Dad had left for work, so I was by myself at home.

"Hey!" I whirled around, hand in hand with the dreaming princess, to stand face to face to Jasper Collins. I let out a sigh of relief. Jasper was another friend of mine, and Olivia had an obvious crush on him. Which is why, she woke up from her wonderland to see her one and true love. No really. It's that serious.

"Hi, Jasper," she purred. Jasper gave me an 'is she okay?' look and cleared his throat. Clearly, Olivia needed to be sent to a mental asylium.

"Hey, Olivia." he answered. Before she could reply, I decided I was in a mood to piss someone off. I gave a shameless smirk and mouthed 'Jolivia' to Jasper. That seemed to get him going, because his face was as red as a pomegranate. What a big, happy family. Olivia was a blonde and had sea blue eyes, with two piercings on each of her ears. She tended to wear a flower band or a piece sign shirt, hippie stuff like that. Honestly, it looked really good on her. Jasper had shaggy brown hair and dark brown eyes, and a strong jawline. I mean, I liked him, but not really in that way. Where I, was the plain brunette. I don't like to be vain, but I'm not that ugly. At least I don't think I am.

We began all walking to school, nothing really to be said, except for the occasional, "How are you doing?" and the "How was your summer break?" Again, what a big, happy family. Lucky Olivia got a few waves and smiles from other students as we neared Union Valley Highschool. It was actually pretty popular, with 1,000 students or something like that. As we went up the stairs, a loud commotion earned our glances. I strained to hear the screams of... whatever that loud screechy noise it was.

"Nolan!"

I stopped. No.

"Nolan! Come here! I made lunch for you!"

No. No. No.

"Nolan! Can I have a hug!?"

This couldn't be happening. Nolan Daft was here?