➽Chapter 41

Days turned into weeks which turned into months but the situation in the Chauhan household remained the same

The bubbly Erisha who could spread happiness with her smile is nowhere to be found instead she is replaced by a gloomy girl who is just living for her unborn child. Well that was true afterall a part of Erisha died with Tanveer or now publicly recognised as Acp Tanish Ahuja.

Its been two months since Tanish died and Erisha is now 3 and half month pregnant. Acp Yami did her best in this two months to give Tanish justice and avenge his death, she did so and now is recovering in hospital.

Here, Samay has returned to London for his music studies while Meher's movie turned a hit and she has received many acting and choreography offers which keeps her busy. Well, their relationship was now termed as 'Childhood sweethearts' by friends and media alike but nothing in their equation changed well except for a tiny bit of jealousy towards Nivin.(wink wink)

For Adhyan and Revati everything was going smoothly except for the fact Reyansh is attached to Revati's hip and Adhyan doesn't get any private time with his beloved wife. And to think of it, isn't it karma for ignoring her for two years?

Vritika and Dishank might be the only couple who's life has turned upside down at this point. After their trip to Bora Bora Island had been a success, they received the news of Erisha's pregnancy and her boyfriend's death. Being the PR head, Dishank was too busy to protect his sister from any hate from public. While, Vritika was trying her best to develop a relationship with her mother in law.

✦✧✦✧

The people of Chauhan house were busy in their daily routine, leaving only Vritika, Dishank and his parents at home, when a letter came, a letter which was going to change many lives for better or not? No one knows.

The letter was named for Nalini Chauhan and was collected by Vritika. She dutifully went to give the letter to her mother in law, "Maa, there's a letter for you by some P. N. Sahu.", she said bringing the letter in front of Nalini who was instructing a maid on some cleaning work.

"P. N. Sahu.. No he can't...no no he can't ruin my happiness again. Dishank shouldn't meet him, he can't. I need to talk to Rajveer." Nalini thoughts sparked a panic attack which shocked Vritika alot.

Vritika gently took Nalini's hands and made her sit on the nearby chair and motioned the maid to fetch water and call others.

"Ma, are you alright? Look at me! Copy my breathing. Deep breaths..yes slowly." Vritika tried diverting her mind and succeeded to some extent.

Before she could ask Nalini about what caused her a panic attack, her father in law and husband came running.

"Raj, P. N. Sahu... letter..Dishank.. Why?" Nalini said in between her breaths which gave Rajveer a full picture of her panic attack.

Rajveer sighed and said,"Nalini, he ain't here! See Dishank is here, with us. Nothing has happened. Look at me. No one is going to take Dishank away from you. No one, I promise."

A confused and anxious Dishank kneeled in front of Nalini, letting her caress his face with her hands to let her believe his presence.

"Papa, why did mom have a panic attack? Who is P. N. Sahu? " Dishank whispered to his father to which he just got a head shake indicating an, "I will tell you later"

Rajveer took his wife to their room and asked Dishank to call the doctor.

Dish, do you know any P. N. Sahu? Maa heard his name and started panicking, murmuring something like he is back to ruin her happiness or something..”, Vritika asked her husband once he finished the call with the doctor.

Dishank shook his head in denial still too concerned about his mother's state, “I haven't seen mom in a such a condition ever, not even when we came home married. Yes, she gets angry and her emotions go haywire many a times but I have never seen her so emotionally drained. I just hope its nothing serious, dealing with Erisha is enough at this point, I don't want anymore chaos in the house. Anyway where is Eri?”

“Let's hope for the best at this point. Also Erisha is with Meher! She took her for therapy, hopefully it helps her.” Vritika stopped as they reached their parent's room.

✦✧✦✧

Unknown to the chaos at home, Revati and Adhyan were spending a peaceful afternoon at the garden with their little one Reyansh.

Ree, I have something for you.” Adhyan said showing her a white heart shaped pendant and continued, “I was surfing on internet, when I found this keepsake memorial for a lost one, this pendant has tried to perserve our Adviti's umbilical cord, strand of hair and your breast milk. I  just want you to know even dead, she's still with us.”

Revati smiled through tears deeply touched by his gesture

Revati smiled through tears deeply touched by his gesture. Yes, she still grieved for her daughter, she still feared losing her son too. She was too clingy and overprotective of her son but she didn't think Adhyan would notice her fears. Seeing him noticing her fear beneath the clingyness and trying to help her without creating a big deal out of it was heart warming.

She felt too much and was sure words wouldn't be able to convey her feelings at that moment so he just leaned forward and lightly kissed him on his lips. Letting out her joy, fears, sorrow, gratefulness everything take over her words.

Adhyan smiled through tears and thought, “Yes, I was wrong in the last two years, but I'll make it up. We have a long way ahead.”

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Well an update on sunday as promised.
It was more of a filler chapter but one of my favourites.
So now be ready for P. N. Sahu and the havoc in VriShank's lives.
Also stay tuned for some heartwarming ReYan moments and some fun loving SaHer banter (+ a love realisation😉)

Question time -
Do you want Vritika to have kids now or after Erisha's child is born? (i.e,after a leap)

Lastly, I have decided to update this book once a week, so you'll have updates every Sunday.

Do vote, comment and share.

Love,
Writer!