Chapter 29 ~ Graduation

Mayella

Graduation day is finally here. This is the last day I will ever see one of my classmates and teachers. Not that I'm sad, but it's sad knowing that my high school experience is over. I'm sitting in mom and dads room getting my makeup done by Willow and my hair done by mom.

"We have to be there in an hour, that's enough time for you to eat." Dad comes in and notifies us of the time. "I can't believe that both my baby girls are going to be in college." He gives me a kiss on the forehead.

"No crying" I laid down the rules for today. No crying, no taking embarrassing pictures, and no being embarrassing during my stage walk. I know they won't follow their rules so I don't even know why I tried.

"Did you get your letter from Seattle?" Willow asks and I nod. "Me and Reece are going to open them together at the party later today." She nods. Me and Reece planned to do this forever. It will only suck if we both don't get in.

"Alright, now put your dress on, I want pictures." Mom finishes up with my hair. I go up to my room and get dressed, it's just a simple baby blue dress that I got online. I go downstairs and see Reece and his family are here.

I go over to him and give him a nice big hug and kiss. "Hey." I whisper. "Hey care bear." We spend the next couple minutes taking pictures and then we head out to the door. We make it to school in time for me and Reece to run back and get with our partners.

I try to find Ryland but when I see him, I frown. He is sitting with his hands on his head. I go up to him and take a seat. "Ryland?" He looks up but once he sees it's me, he sighs and goes back to his position.

"I'm sorry, I just want to know what's wrong." Even though I have no right to know. "I'm fine." He states but I can tell from the voice crack that he is not fine. "Please Ryland, tell me so I can fix it." I put my hand on his shoulder.

He looks to me and then back to the front of him. "My parents aren't coming today. They got busy with work and said that it was more important." He says in a low voice and I sigh while closing my eyes.

"I'm sorry." I say and he shakes his head. "It's not your fault." He gives me a tight smile but I don't fall for it. I reach out my hands and give him a hug. "If you want, there is a party at my house for graduation. Come." I ask him but she shakes his head once again.

"I can't intrude on that." It's my turn to shake my head. "You're not, I promise."

"It's okay really, thank you for the offer." He then gives me a real smile. "All students report to the gym to get in line with your partner." The intercom says.

I stood up and grabbed his hand, "Let's go graduate."

🎀

"Miss Mayella Carter." The principal calls me and I get up to walk the stage. I hear my family's loud whistles and chants. I grab my diploma and turn my tassel to the other side. I then bow and walk off the stage and wait for the ceremony to be over.

Once Reece walks up, I'm the loudest person cheering. He looks so proud to be up there. I'm proud of him. He does the same thing I do and when he walks off the stage he comes and sits down in his assigned spot. He turns to me and smiles and blows a kiss.

I blow one back as I turn my attention to the front again.

Once the ceremony is over, I go to find Reece Which is hard because there are so many people here. Once I see him I jump on his back since its turn towards me and attack him with kisses. He then brings me down and towards him as he kisses me again and lifts me up.

We break away for air and see our families taking pictures. I hide my blush in his chest. We did it, we graduated. It's hard to believe that after so long of knowing each other, we are done with a big milestone in our lives.

Graduating highschool was a big deal for me. Now, college is a big deal, and I'm only willing to do it if I have him by my side.

🎀

The party at our house went on longer than we thought. Dad is cooking up some food as we talk with some of our relatives that came in for graduation . I feel arms around my waist and see Reece standing behind me.

"When do you want to open the letters?" He asks and I shrug. "Maybe when everybody leaves. I would hate to put a damper on the party if something doesn't go as planned." He nods in agreement.

"Reece!" A voice calls out and we both turn to see a young man walking towards us. "Is this Mayella?" Reece nods as he wraps an arm around my shoulder. "It's nice to meet you, I'm Simon, Reece's cousin." I shake his hand and smile.

"Nice to meet you as well." I met a whole bunch of other people as well from Recess' huge family.

Once everybody leaves, me and Reece take our letters and go upstairs to my room. We sit criss crossed on my bed facing each other. "Ready?" I nod my head. I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

We open our letters, it's silent for a while because we are both reading them. The only words that stick out to me though is, "We are pleased to inform you that we would be lucky to have you here." I gasp and put my hands over my mouth.

I look up to Reece who is still reading. He looks up to me and nods. "I got in." He says and I nod too. We drop the letters and hug. We fall off my bed and break out into fits of laughter. "I love you." I say and plant kisses all over his face.

"I love you too Mayella."

And now all we have to do is get through college together.

THE END

A/N JUST THE EPILOUGE!

JESUS LOVES YOU! STAY SAFE!