Epilogue ~ Mayella

Mayella

"Are you sure this is the right dorm?" My dad asks as I step foot into my new dorm room in Seattle. This is the same dorm complex that mom and Fay stayed at while they were here. Reece is moving into a dorm as well but a different building.

"Yes, I'm sure. I wouldn't be sure if it didn't open." I smirk as dad groans and places some of my boxes in the room. Mom and Fay had to stay at home with the kids so we have dad and Elias here.

"Alright that's everything Baby Peach. You know your sister is only a few minutes away from you so don't be scared to call her for help." I nod as me and dad hug. "And don't get engaged anytime soon alright?"

I laugh, "Well I can't really tell Reece what to do can I." I smile. "Then I guess I will have a talk with him."

"Thank you dad, for everything." I bury my head in his chest. Nothing is better than a fathers hug. I will never get tired of them. "You're welcome, I'm going to leave before I cry." I let out a shaky laugh as he leaves me to my dorm.

I unpack some things and organize my bookshelf. My roommate doesn't get here until the start of the year and right now it's just the beginning of summer so once I'm all moved in here, I'm going back home for the rest of the summer.

A knock comes through the door and Reece steps in when he sees it unlocked. "Hey." He sits on my bed watching me put some stuff away. "Hey, all finished?" He nods as he lays back. "Your dad talked to me, he told me not to propose until later." I laugh. "Well, we are only eighteen, I'm a fan of getting married early but now it's too early." He nods keeping that in mind.

"Kids?" I nod and so does he. "So do you have to meet up with the hockey team before school starts?" I ask and he nods. "Only one meeting though."

"Wanna go grab dinner?"

"Yes please, I'm starving." Reece takes my hand as we head out and go to dinner.

🎀

"That was one time and I was 7!" I exclaim. Me and Reece are walking through the streets of Seattle hand in hand as we talk about our favorite memories when we were kids.

"Yeah but 7 is still an age where you should have common sense!" We argue and bicker about the tiniest things. We start heading back to our dorm when Reece stops to get me ice cream. We share a cone.

"Do you think we'll make it through college?" I ask which makes him stop in his tracks. "Of course we are, we might go through some rough patches but every couple does." I nod at his reassurance.

"I don't know why I asked, I'm sorry." He gives me a kiss on my forehead. We continue walking until we get to my dorm. I get in my pajamas and walk into the room to see Reece passed out on my bed.

I get under the covers with him as I spoon him. He moves us to where I'm lying on top of him. "Goodnight my love." I kiss his forehead.

🎀

Reece

"How was your meeting?" I walk into Mayella's room and plop on her bed. I just came back from a hockey meeting that took over two hours to finish. "It was a lot." I mumble into the bed. She giggles and rubs my back.

I turn us over so she is straddling me. I kiss her soft lips and run my tongue along her lips, she smiles into the kiss and breaks away from it. I look down and see her in my hoodie with my name on it. I smile.

"I'm sad summer is over." She pouts and I nod in agreement with her. "But hey, at least my new roommate will be coming in soon!"

"Yeah that means no more make out sessions when we want." She hits my arm playfully. She gets up and goes to the bathroom.

I sit up and go on my phone until she comes out. Five minutes later she comes out in a blue dress that hugs her perfectly. My mouth opens wide as she smiles at me. "Let's go celebrate our five month." She begs.

I grab my coat as we walk once again in Seattle. I take her to the field that dad took mom for their first date. I thought that she would like it since she is obsessed with my parents' love story. We get to create our own.

She gasps and she looks at me and I nod. She throws herself at me and hugs me tight. We go sit on the grass and look up to the stars. I love this girl with my whole heart. She brings out the best in me and makes me want to love everyone around me.

I remind her everyday that I love her and that I plan on spending the rest of my life with her to which she always blushes and tells me that we need to wait for the perfect time or we won't work out.

If it were up to me, I would propose to her right now. I would marry her right now if I could. But I know how upset everyone would be if we didn't have a big wedding. I actually want to wait a while before we get married because then it will feel more full.

"Reece?" Her soft voice comes out as a whisper. "Yes?" I look at her and see her smile. "I love you, what would you do if I bought you a star?"

"I would say that I'm offended because stars die eventually." She hits my arm, "So do humans" She retorts.

"True, so then, I would love you forever and ever and buy the star next to mine for you."

"So cheesy."

"Only for you Mayella, Only for you."

A/N

IM CRYING AT HOW THIS IS OVER. I absolutely love the two of them and I cant wait to start my next book!

JESUS LOVES YOU! STAY SAFE.