chapter 8 (aka episode 7)

A/N: ep 7 is the trials and tribulations of trying to pee while depressed, it was too long for a chapter title sorry haha<3
wordcount: 4085 words

A/N: ep 7 is the trials and tribulations of trying to pee while depressed, it was too long for a chapter title sorry haha<3wordcount: 4085 words

After a solid week of Jules ignoring my texts, life was great. I was great. No symptoms of any mental illnesses on display, no switching between depressed and manic. Simply amazing.

Eleanor, finally in her mourning stage after denial and anger didnt exactly work out (lots of pleading text message drafts and angry tears), wasn't feeling her best.

And I did feel bad, I did. But being borderline psychotic didn't exactly make me the most sympathetic person ever, so unfortunately, Elle was kinda on her own.

"-so call me when you get this, Elle. I love you." Eleanor was laying on the floor of her room, phone next to her ear as she listened to a voicemail Nate had sent her for the forty-seventh time.

She sighed, pressing the play button and settling back into a comfortable position as the familiar sound of Nate's voice pulsed out of the phone. "Eleanor, darling," her mother called from outside the door, interrupting her routine.

She sat up abruptly, as a habit wiping away any tears from her cheeks before her mother opened the door. "What do you want?" Eleanor mumbled, standing up from the floor and turning away from her mother.

"Dinner's ready," she said softly, and the pity in her voice made Eleanor mad. "I'm not hungry, Jesus," she muttered.

"Eleanor! You know not to use the lords name in vain," Judy scolded, shaking her head at her daughter. "Now come down and eat something, for heavens sake."

Eleanor rolled her eyes, glaring at her mothers back while she retreated out of the room. When Eleanor got upset, she didn't eat.

So it had been a day since the last meal she'd had, and the scent of roast chicken wafting up from the dining room made her mouth water. She sighed, turning to face her reflection in the mirror before she gave in to the promise of food.

She almost gasped when she saw her face- her eyes were swollen and puffy, and tear stains trailed her red face.

She quickly wiped at the tears, and rubbed her eyes for a moment. Giving up on attempting to look pretty, she got up and left her bedroom.

When she entered the dining area, her stepdad, mother, and Ethan were all sitting expectantly at the table.

"Well, well, well. She lives!" Stephan bellowed, and Eleanor sighed. "Mhm," she said tightly. Sensing her odd behavior, he just shrugged.