↠ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

FRIDAY, JANUARY 10, 1969

George was bundled up in a warm, bulky fur coat when Alexandria entered the dining room. It had been a week since her conversation with George about having kids, and they hadn't breathed a bloody word about it since. They both needed time to think it over individually before they put their heads together and made plans to work a literal baby into their life. It was such a complicated topic. To be honest, they didn't even know where in the hell to begin.

Alexandria carried her bowl of cereal over and took the seat next to George. "Morning," she said, feeling awfully groggy. She'd smoked a joint while George was in the studio yesterday, another when he got home, and she was still feeling some of the effects this morning. She'd been doing that a lot recently. Smoking and drinking had pretty much become a part of her daily routine these days. It was a good distraction from life and from her problems...and she had a lot of those after last week.

"Good morning," George answered. "How are you this morning, Mrs. Harrison?"

"Much better now that I'm lookin' at you," Alexandria answered with a smile, shoveling a spoonful of cereal into her mouth. George smiled too, leaning over to give his wife a kiss on the cheek. "How is recording with the boys going?" Alexandria asked. "I haven't really been able to ask you about it. Or maybe the thought just hasn't crossed my mind. I've had a lot on my mind recently, yknow."

"Yeah, I know," George answered. Then, he sighed. "You know, between me and you, things have been pretty shite."

Alexandria's face fell in sympathy. "I'm sorry, George. What's been so bad?"

"Feel like they don't appreciate me," he answered, turning red in the face in embarrassment. "I've kinda always felt weird because I'm the youngest...but it just seems worse now. Paul and I had an argument about me playing at all. Any input I try to give gets bloody vetoed, so I'm not even sure why I try at all. I'm almost fed up with it entirely, actually. I've thought about quittin'."

"Geo, you can't do that," Alexandria said, looping her arm through his and leaning her head against his cozy jacket.

"Sure, I could. Maybe I will. Wouldn't you support me?"

Alexandria gulped. Hell, being in the Beatles was George's livelihood. It was the Beatles that had kept them in a home and allowed them to do so many things over the past six years. Where would they be without the Beatles?

"You wouldn't?" George asked when she hesitated.

"I didn't say that," Alexa responded, her face going pale.

"You're right. You didn't say anything because you don't want to say the damned truth," George grumbled.

"No," Alexandria answered sternly. "Of course I'd support you if you did that."