Chapter 1: Sannoh Rengokai

"We'll just have to be here to patch their wounds and mend the bruises."

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

Hiyori always sees her surroundings as much darker, or gray. Or actually, just dull. She was bored out of her mind.

There were not many customers of the Itokan Diner, mainly it was just some members of the Sannoh Rengokai. They are always there but don't really order food. Well, Yamoto orders food but it was always put on the tab.

After Mugen disbanded, Cobra and Yamato created the Sannoh Rengokai, a group that is protecting the part of Sannoh. Other gangs also rose to fame, and the district was called SWORD. S stands for Sannoh Rengokai, W stands for White Rascals, O stands for Oya High, R stands for Rude Boys, and D stands for Daruma Ikka.

The five gangs are standing on a thin line, one wrong move from any of them will cause a war. It will be chaos, and they don't need that. That's why they are trying hard to protect their turf and not interfere with others.

Of course, because of their fame, they are not only at each other's throats but there are other unknown gangs who are challenging them. Fighting became a usual thing for Hiyori.

Correction. Fighting became the usual thing for Sannoh, and treating them became usual for the girl and Naomi.

"You think they are fighting again?" Hiyori suddenly asked while leaning her back on the seat at the corner of the diner. Her brown eyes stared at the ceiling and her pinkish lips pouted.

"Are you actually asking me that?" Naomi chuckled as she wiped the counter table.

"Okay, I heard myself and that was a ridiculous question," she said. Hiyori stood up and helped Naomi on cleaning the tables. The latter shook her head in amusement.

After a few minutes, Cobra and the others came swarming in, wincing in pain. Except for the Sannoh leader as he remains a stoic face.

It wasn't surprising anymore for them. He was always serious ever since Tatsuya's death. Although it didn't change Hiyori's relationship with him and the fact that he cares for Sannoh more than anyone. The two became close when the old man Yoichiro died. They were constantly at each other's throats, but that changed because of that. Surprisingly up until now, only she, only Kamiya Hiyori, can get away from pissing Cobra off. That's how their friendship goes.

After Hiyori treated the other members, she went to sit beside Cobra. She glanced at Naomi and Yamato, her other childhood friends. Naomi is patching up Yamato's back while the latter is eating, as usual.

"Stay still for a bit!" Naomi scolded him. Hiyori just gave an amused smirk.

"Do you need to get patched up, too?" Hiyori asked as she glanced at Cobra who is flipping through a magazine. He slowly looked at her with a raised brow. As he gives her an 'are-you-kidding-me' look.