Chapter 2: Memories

"Because it was funny

"Because it was funny. I love talking to you when you're drunk but I hate taking care of you when you were like that."

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

Hiyori fluttered her eyes open and as soon as she did, she met the bright light of the sun. The girl groaned in annoyance as she let herself sit up from her bed. She rummaged through her bed to look for her phone and when she finally found it, she looked at the time. It's almost ten in the morning, she and Cobra have talked about going to her grandpa's old cabin in the afternoon.

However, she needs to wake up early because she promised that she will treat him to lunch today. She groaned once again as she lazily gets out of her bed without even folding the blanket and tapping the crumpled white sheets. The young Kamiya quickly pivoted to her bathroom to start the day.

As soon as the girl finished her morning routine, she made her way toward the familiar diner. Naomi is the only one there and seems like she just opened the diner.

"I'm going out for today. Will you be alright tending the diner by yourself?" Hiyori asked as she walked towards the back of the counter where the girl is.

"I'll be fine, don't worry," Naomi answered. She looked at her best friend in confusion when the latter started raiding the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" Naomi asked her as she stopped doing whatever she was doing and looked at the black-haired girl. Her black waist-length hair is now tied into a messy bun as she crouched down the kitchen cabinets.

"I'll be making some lunch for Cobra," she simply answered, earning a confused look from the brown-haired girl.

"Yori, you're losing me here," she muttered. Hiyori stopped what she was doing and stood up straight. She sighed and looked at Naomi.

"He will be taking me today in the cabin, and as a payback, I'll make him lunch," she explained.

"Are you trying to poison him?"

"What?! I can cook!" she whined. Naomi walked towards her and placed her hands on her shoulders.

"Yori-chan, we both know that you can't," she stated and patted her shoulders. Hiyori glared at her and put her hands away from her.

"Such disrespect, Naomi-chan," she faked a gasp. The brown-haired girl laughed and shook her head.

"What should I do now?" Hiyori asked as she bit the bottom of her lip.

"Just let me help you make it." The black-haired girl just nodded and they both started cooking.

"How am I working here but I still can't cook?" Naomi chuckled at her friend.