New Job

You step out of your car, staring up at the extravagant entrance to your brand new job at one of the most popular places you've ever seen. People walk past you, families and such, flooding into the pizzaplex. You scratch the back of your neck as you stare at the neon sign of a bear, a wolf, an alligator, and a chicken above the door, the group smiling down at you.

"Here goes nothing," you sigh as you walk through the front doors.

The pizzaplex looks awesome, with a statue of the same bear from the sign standing just past the gates to get into the main atrium. There are also counters to get entry passes to either side of you and you head to the least busy one.

After standing in line for what seems like forever you finally reach the counter. You start to ask a question, "hi, it's my first day–"

The lady behind the counter shoves a pass at you, yelling, "next!"

"Uh–"

"Keep the line moving!" She barks. You blink in surprise but get out of line, running a hand back through your hair.

"Looks like I'll have to find the office myself," you walk through the gates and into the main atrium, looking around in awe, "this place is huge!"

After wandering around for a while you manage to find what you're looking for, an office with the person you assume to be your boss inside. You open the door.

"I'm sorry, but guests aren't allowed to be back here," he stands up.

"Right, uh, I'm not a guest. My name's Y/N L/N."

"Y/N? Now, why does that name sound familiar...oh! You're the new repairman for the animatronics!"

"Yep."

"Apologies, do come in."

You step into the office as he sits back down, sitting down across from him.

"Welcome to Freddy Fazbear Mega Pizzaplex. We're glad to have you here. You did already sign the wavers, right?"

"You mean the incredibly long and complicated papers you sent to my apartment? Cause I signed those."

"Fantastic! Do you have them with you?"

"Yep," you pull the papers out of your backpack, dumping them on his desk.

"Great, here is your security pass. It allows you to get into places that you might need to be in in order to do your job. Make sure you don't take any guests back into them, as it might ruin their experience."

"Will do. So, where do I go?"

"Down this hall, then take a right and then a left at the second to last door. That will bring you to parts and services, where you will work."

"Thank you," you get up, swinging your bag back onto your back, "you do provide all the tools and equipment I need, right?"

"Yes, though it will be docked from your paycheck."

You grit your teeth, "fantastic."

Following his directions leads you to a big room, a big glass cylinder in the middle of it with a metal table in it, metal arms attached to the walls of the cylinder. You drop your bag at the desk outside the cylinder and walk inside it, examining the table and the robot arms.

"Heh, I can work with this," you assume the table is for whatever animatronic you'd work on. Walking back to the table where you left your bag you boot up the computer on it, getting a feel for how to control the robotic arms. You personally prefer making things the old-fashioned way, but if need be you can do this too.

Noticing a table tucked away into the corner of the room you walk over to it, seeing that it has all kinds of tools on it.

"Nice," you grin, running your hands over the familiar devices.

Honestly, you could stay in the room forever, and you do stay in it for a little while, but you really want to see the animatronics. You've heard that they're amazing, a real breakthrough in AI.

You make your way to their showrooms, you had passed them on your way to your boss. It looks like the animatronics are currently on a break, the curtains are closed and people aren't allowed to go into their rooms like they normally would. The doors still let you in though. You start with Glamrock Chica.

There is guitar music coming from inside and even though you're no musician you can tell that it's incredibly complicated. The door slides open, revealing Chica. She's standing in the middle of the room, playing her guitar. She notices you and squeals in excitement, bouncing over.

"Hi! You must be the new repairman! I'm Chica!" She throws out her hand.

Your jaw drops and you stare at her, amazed.

"Um, are you okay?" Chica asks, concerned. You close your mouth and walk around her in a circle.

"Fascinating," you murmur to yourself as you hold her arm, examining it.

"Uh, excuse me?"

"Oh, sorry!" you let go of her arm, backing up, "I've just never seen an animatronic this life-like before! I mean, I've made some myself but they're never this alive! You're amazing!"

"Thank you!" She grins and you have to do a double-take at the fact that she is actually smiling.

"Wow, just...wow. God, I'd love to meet whoever made you."

"I don't know where they are, sorry."

"It's fine! Wait, uh, I'm Y/N."

"It's great to meet you Y/N!"

"It's great to meet you too, Chica," you suddenly have an idea and you pull your laptop out of your backpack, placing it on a table, "Hey, do you mind if I take a look at your code?"

"Oh, sure!" Chica sits down as you plug in a cord to your laptop and start towards her.

"Y/N, please do not do that," a voice comes in over the loudspeaker, "dealing with the animatronic's code is not part of your job. Stay within your boundaries or else you will be let go."

"Got it," you growl and put back your laptop and cord, mildly annoyed.

"Sorry," Chica mumbles.

"Whatever, it's fine," you reassure, sighing. She stands up.

You force yourself to grin, "well, this has been fun but I should probably head to Monty's room. See you around Chica."

"Bye!" She waves as you leave. You still can't fully believe that Chica is advanced as she is. Whoever made her must have been a genius.

You walk over to Monty's room, hearing bangs and crashes from inside. "Huh, looks like Monty might be the aggressive one," you scoff, stepping up to his door.

It slides open, and you immediately see a vase flying straight for your face!