Chapter 5: White Rascals

"You're so cold, Hino Junpei

"You're so cold, Hino Junpei."

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

Hiyori always had the same nightmare. It was a dark room. There were lilies in a vase on top of the table beside her and she remembered she was crying while hearing a feminine voice that she needs to run. Which she did. She can feel the fear of her younger self.

And when she woke up in the middle of the night, the fear still lingers in her but the nightmare will always be forgotten. She was frequently dreaming of it and the only thing that can be a possible answer is that it was a part of her memory.

As she made her way to the diner, she stumbled upon a flower shop and bought lilies impulsively. She stared at it throughout her walk towards the Itokan.

"Why do you have lilies?" Naomi was the first one who noticed what the girl was holding. The Sannoh members snapped their heads in her direction.

"Did someone give you that?" Tetsu asked as he stood up and walked towards her. Hiyori frowned at him and sighed as she made her way to the counter.

"No, I bought it," she answered.

"Why?" Yamato asked as he eyed her.

"Do I need a reason?" she asked as she raised a brow at him. He gulped and shook his head as he looked away.

She took a slender transparent glass and put water on it as she placed the lilies in there.

"Seriously, that wasn't given by anyone?" Naomi asked as she wriggled her eyebrows. Hiyori rolled her eyes.

"No, I bought it."

"Although it's not going to be a surprise if you'll get a suitor, you know? 'Cuz you're really gorgeous and already an adult now," the brown-haired girl said and lightly chuckled. Hiyori raised a brow at her and glanced at the blonde sitting on his usual seat. He's reading a magazine and he doesn't seem to be paying attention to their conversation.

"That's true! Hiyori's an adult now and really beautiful. Do you want me to set you up?" Dan asked her.

"No," she flatly declined.

"Why not?" Chiharu asked.

"Are you kidding me? You guys? Setting me up to some guy? Are you hearing yourselves?" They went silent as her words sunk in. "Anyway, thank you for the offer but I don't have time for that."

"The last time you went on a blind date, the guy had his arm broken," Naomi stated. Tetsu, Chiharu, and Dan looked at her with wide eyes.

"Yeah, that was his fault! He was going to grope me!" Hiyori defends herself.

"So, what's your type of guy?" Tetsu asked.

"You're creeping me out, Tetsu. Why are you asking me that?"