Chapter 6: Familiar

"Use it to protect the people you love, not to hurt others

"Use it to protect the people you love, not to hurt others."

"You okay?" Hiyori asked the brown-haired girl. Of course, she is not okay. Why is she even asking that? Naomi chuckled at her question.

"You know I didn't mean it, right?" she asked, referring to her outburst and yelling at the guys to get out and never come back.

"Yeah, and I'm sure they know that, too," Hiyori replied with a reassuring smile. She's still trying to get rid of the mess little by little while talking to Naomi. Hiyori made a chamomile tea for Naomi a few minutes ago in which the latter gave her a grateful smile and thanked her.

"Stop cleaning. We'll do that later," the brown-haired girl stopped Hiyori. She looked at Naomi and frowned in confusion. "Just come here and get some rest."

Hiyori hesitated at first but she eventually put down the trash bag on the ground and make her way to the bar counter and sat down on the barstool.

"So, when are you going to tell Cobra you like him?" Naomi suddenly asked. Hiyori frustratedly sigh and rolled her eyes.

"Don't throw me under the bus, Naomi. Why are you asking that now when we have a major problem?" she told and Naomi just laughed.

"Please, you're going to ask me if I'm okay and we both know that I'm not. I just want to talk about other things, okay? To ease my mind?" Naomi pleaded to her best friend. Hiyori sighed and just nodded.

"To answer your question earlier, I was actually planning not to," Hiyori stated. The girl frowned at her answer.

"Why not?"

"I'm scared. I don't want to risk our relationship that we have right now," she said. Other than that, before going into a relationship with someone, she needs to find herself. She needs to regain the memories that she buried in her mind years ago.

She knew something happened to her or to her family. Something terrible and she wants to find out.

"I feel you," Naomi said and Hiyori shot a look at her.

"Geez, confess to Yamato already!" Hiyori exclaimed and Naomi slapped her arm.

"Shut up!" Naomi said and the two girls laughed.

Hiyori walked down the streets of Sannoh that night. She was walking home after Naomi told her that she needs to go home and that she will be fine by herself despite Hiyori's offer of staying with her. Naomi had enough of her best friend, so she also kicked her out of the diner for the sake of both of them getting rest.

Hiyori's mind wondered at her memory. Even before, when grandpa Yoichiro adopted her, he already told her that she lost her memory and that the only thing she can remember is her name. He told her how she was found in the woods outside of SWORD. She was unconscious and there was dried blood on her split forehead. Her hands and feet are covered in dirt and a few small cuts.