Chapter 7: Come back

"Geez, I don't know what to do with those guys."

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

After Hiyori had calmed down, she decided she can't be alone that night or unwanted things will just plague her mind.

She walked out of her apartment and went to the familiar gas station in the town. Her eyes immediately landed on the blonde guy sitting outside of their family's business. She immediately smiled but stopped midway when Cobra stood up and looked at the man that she just noticed was standing there.

"Noboru, come back to us," she heard Cobra say. Hiyori widened her eyes and looked at the black-haired man in a black suit.

"Why don't you get it?" Noboru voiced out and scoffed in disbelief. He turned around and met with Hiyori's gaze.

"Noboru," she called but he ignored her and kept a monotone face.

"I'll give you one more chance. If you refuse to work under us, disband the Hoodlum Squad," Noboru said as he glanced at Cobra. He walked towards Hiyori but he looked down as he walked past her.

Cobra and Hiyori were left with an uncomfortable silence. The girl slowly made her way toward Cobra and she stopped a few inches away from him.

"Why is Noboru..." She couldn't establish the question that she wants to ask. She sighed frustratedly. The blonde looked at her and frowned at her face. Her eyes are still swollen from crying earlier.

Hiyori locked her eyes on Cobra's as they stared at one another.

"You okay?" Hiyori asked him. He just nodded and ushered her to go inside with him.

When they were inside, Hiyori flopped herself on her usual seat as she placed her arms on the table and stared at Cobra who took a plastic bag from the corner of the room and placed it on the table in front of the black-haired girl.

"What's that?" she asked as she peeked inside the plastic bag.

"Let's eat before you ask some questions," Cobra told her. She lightly pouted and playfully glared at him.

"Fine," she grumbled and Cobra smirked which didn't go unnoticed by Hiyori.

After half an hour, the two finished their dinner and just sat there in silence until Hiyori broke it.

"So, why was Noboru telling you to disband Sannoh Rengokai?" she asked. Cobra sighed and tapped his index finger on the table. Hiyori looked at him with anticipation.

"He's apparently working for Iemura now," he answered. Hiyori's mouth went agape as she looked at the blonde man in disbelief.

"What? Why would he do that?" she scoffed. It was unbelievable for her. They all know that the Iemura family is doing illegal things and has been eyeing the SWORD district for a while now.