Chapter 8: Nameless Street

"Also, I want to give him a light smack on the head for making us worry

"Also, I want to give him a light smack on the head for making us worry."

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

"What the hell do you mean?" Yamato asked as he looked at Dan.

"The girl that screwed me up at Club Heaven, I'm trying to figure out who she is so I followed her." Hiyori bit the bottom of her lip as she listened to what Dan had to say with his big revelation. "I happened to stumble on a small building in Nameless Street. They were making the Red Rum there and Chiharu was there. It felt like he was close with them."

"Yamato," Cobra called. The taller boy looked at him. "How much do you know?"

"Chiharu ran out of the diner, and you followed him, right, Yamato-san?" Tetsu said and walked towards Yamato but stopped inches away from him. "What happened at that time?

"I can't say." Hiyori snapped her head towards Yamato with worry.

"What?" Cobra asked his childhood friend with his usual glare.

Yamato breathed and looked away from him, "I haven't heard his reason yet. I can't just say whatever I want."

Hiyori smiled internally. She was basically thinking the same thing but she's still worried about how he carries this responsibility all by himself.

"Why are carrying such a burden?" Dan scoffed in disbelief.

"You can't tell us?" Cobra asked.

They went silent. Yamato didn't answer.

"Let's go," Cobra said as he stood up from his seat. All of the Sannoh members except Yamato left the diner. Leaving Hiyori, Naomi, and Yamato alone.

• • •

Hiyori ran towards Yamato who is wearing a green hooded jacket. He stopped as soon as he noticed her.

"What do you want?" Yamato asked while walking and Hiyori matched his pace.

"I'm coming with you," Hiyori answered. Yamato stopped and looked at the girl as if she was telling him a ridiculous joke.

"What are you talking about?"

"I said I'm coming with you to Nameless Street. Did you not hear what I say, Yama-chan?" she asked with a sarcastic tone.

"You can't go," he flatly said.

"Yes, I can. You know that I can fight for myself and I want to hear what that kid has to say for himself. Also, I want to give him a light smack on the head for making us worry," she explained. Yamato looked at her.

Hiyori is like a sister to him and he'll be damned if she gets hurt. But he knows that she can handle herself. Hell, she's a badass.

"Shit, Cobra's really going to kill me now," he muttered under his breath. Hiyori raised a brow at him. She also wore a hooded jacket the same as Yamato's but hers is black.