Chapter 9: Red Rum Factory

"I am not interested in fighting

"I am not interested in fighting."

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

"Why were you not a member of the Hoodlum Squad?" Tetsu asked the girl. Dan had told them about what she did on the corner. She was fighting some of the Rude Boys and Dan thought that she was really good.

"Why would I want to be a member of the Hoodlum Squad?" she retorted. They are now walking towards the factory that Dan had found out about yesterday. They were still quiet and wary in case the Rude Boys or anyone for that matter see them.

"You're good at fighting," Tetsu simply stated. Hiyori groaned and rolled her eyes.

"I am not interested in fighting," she said. She was not interested in fighting. She understands that the Hoodlum Squad was formed to protect the town, she will only come to fight if needed. That's how she made up her mind.

"Why not? It's fun!" Tetsu told her. Hiyori glanced in his direction and raised a brow.

"Maybe it is for you, but not for me," Hiyori muttered and scoffed.

"How did you get so good at fighting? Was it because you attended Oya High?" Dan asked as Yamato scoffed.

"No, it wasn't because of that. Old Man Yoichi's a veteran soldier, he probably trained her how to fight," Yamato answered for her. That was entirely true. It was her grandfather who taught her everything and to be honest, it was hard that she almost wanted to give up.

"No way," Tetsu said as his mouth went agape in shock.

"That's why you're really good," Dan said and nodded, finally understanding the girl's abilities.

"Can you teach me?" Tetsu asked.

"No," she flatly declined. They almost reached the factory but heard footsteps. The four crouched down on the side and hid behind the crates. They peeked towards the entrance and saw Chiharu exiting. Yamato stood up but Tetsu and Dan pulled him as some guy bumped into Chiharu.

"Oi!" he yelled but the guy ignored him and entered the door where he exited. Chiharu is holding a phone and seems to be trying to call someone. He was frustrated as he hung up and that was Yamato's cue to stand up and approach him.

Hiyori followed him from behind. When Chiharu noticed the two, he was terrified and even attempted to run but the four of them cornered him.

"Chiharu," Yamato called and the said boy looked at him nervously.

"Yamato-san, I—" he was cut off when Yamato pulled him by the collar. Hiyori saw that he was nervous so she walked closer to Yamato.

"Yamato, let him speak," she calmly said.