XLV

N'laisah Dior Olsen
Monroe, Louisiana

We was late for the doctor because he had morning wood and I had Niagara falls.

"Smokey?" A woman with a clip board called out.

I told him about putting his street name on his medical forms. Hardheaded ass.

He hops up and grabs my hand.

"Holdon I gotta get my blood work back." I make a yikes face.

"Mane..." He says sumn under his breathe, walking away.

Once he goes to the back I head up to reception.

"Hey... yesterday you guys called me to pick up my results?" I explain quietly.

"Oh yes. We have to give you them in person most of the time, for privacy I guess. You got your ID?" She asks.

I give it to her and she goes to print out my results.

She comes back and staples them together before handing them to me.

"Thank you." I mumble.

...

"What he say?" I ask plopping down on bed, my energy been low lately.

"Nigga talm bout my salt levels was low or sumn. Just dumb shit." He sits down next to me.

"Imma read what he told you because, I gotta make sure you healthy. Cuz fuck imma do with a dead nigga?" I scoff, looking through his little packet thingy.

"Mhm, eat more sugar and we gotta cut down on grease." I mumble reading through it.

He smacks his teeth.

"Here, you could read mine." I say digging through my purse.

"Aight. It's a bunch of rows and columns. It say human immunodeficiency virus (HIV/AIDS): NEGATIVE." I roll my eyes as he reads aloud.

He reading the wrong tests...

"Skip to the bottom."

"Pregnancy test: POSITIVE..." He stops to process what he just read.

He squints at the paper making me chuckle. His pupils scan the paper, rereading it.

"That paper got no reason to lie to you." I laugh.

"This fa you?" He points to me and I nod.

"Ahhhh shit, I really did it this time." He smiles evilly 😈 while rubbing his hands together.

"Hm." I hand him the ultrasound out of my purse.

"Oh my God, it's real. You really pregnant. With my baby." He admires the ultrasound I got earlier.

"You 11 weeks pregnant?" He looks up at me.

"I just found out technically." I make a yikes face.

"How'd you find out?" He squints at me.

"Shiiid my body just... felt different. A little before you got sick. I been suspecting it and I took a test last time we took you to the doctor. I wanted to know by our wedding but it came back unclear so I took another one the day after the wedding and I justttt got it back." I explain.

"You think I gotcho symptoms?" He laughs.

"You did, it's called sympathetic pregnancy. On Google it says my hormones are affecting yours." I say.

"We both pregnant ion care." He rubs his belly.

"Nigga-" I shake my head.

He goes down the covers and pulls my shirt up to reach my belly. He starts rubbing it which feels good.