Chapter 12: Daruma Ikka

"Answer the goddamn phone!"

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

Hiyori can't still wipe the big smile on her face. She thought she just dreamt last night but it wasn't, she can still feel Cobra's lips on hers. She assured herself that it wasn't a dream.

They really did kiss last night. Cobra really kissed her.

The famous Sannoh Rengokai's leader kissed her.

Even though how many times she ran these words in her mind, it was still unbelievable.

Hiyori tried to keep herself from smiling as she entered the Itokan diner.

"Hey," she greeted. She frowned when she heard Naomi and Yamato arguing. It was still early in the morning and these two are already in each other's faces.

"Pay up!" Naomi yelled.

"I can't even pay for the food I'm ordering here!"

"Pay up, I won!" Naomi insisted.

"What are you guys doing?" she asked. Naomi, Yamato, Dan, and Tetsu looked at her.

"Good, there you are!" Naomi has a big smile on her face as she pulled Hiyori beside her. She let the girl sit down on the barstool as the four of them looked at her. Hiyori frowned at their actions.

"So, who was it?" Tetsu asked.

"What?"

"Who kissed first? Who started the kiss?" Hiyori widens her eyes in realization.

"What in the world are you guys talking about?!" she exclaimed.

"Just tell us, who kissed who first? You or Cobra?" Naomi asked impatiently.

"No! I'm not going to answer that!"

"Come on, Yori! We can't definitely ask Cobra about this, 'cuz he will kill us! You're our only hope!" Yamato pleaded. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Why do you guys need to know?"

"We had a bet on who will kiss who first. You or Cobra," Dan explained. Hiyori's mouth went agape.

"I can't believe you bet on us!"

"Please, you guys are too slow! Might as well make money while we're waiting!" Naomi exclaimed. Hiyori winced and nodded.