Chapter 1

After what was probably the most brutal concert you will ever be to, the entire band looked like zombies from how tired they were. You were kept busy by Charles and catering to the group's every wish. Being Dethkloks personal assistant was hard work. You never had a moment alone.

Months went on and things started to fall into a routine. It was rewarding and familiar. But you couldn't seem to shake the weight off your shoulders. For coping, and many other reasons, regression was your little space away from all the big responsibilities. Work made it a bit hard to fully relax. You were never truly alone.

One night however, Charles had announced there was a rocket launch funded by "Green Waters", launching half of the oceans debris into space. In order to maintain their "positive public image" Charles agreed to playing songs from dethwater at the ceremony. As much as they begged you to go, you decided to stay home - hopefully alone. You needed some "me time".

"I'll stay home too," Nathan said from the head of the table.

"Are you sure Nathan? I uhh..think it would be in the band's best interest if you were to attend"

You knew that was just code for "I don't trust the others" but you decided not to say anything, silently hoping Nathan would listen for once.

"We can't play without ya Nate! Yer the heart of the band!" Pickles complained.

"Nah, I'm staying home. You have fun without me. Just get someone else to do it".

Charles huffed, pushing up his glasses before gathering his papers. "I suppose we can find something else to do. It's settled then. The rest of you get ready. I hope the two of you have a good evening". Charles nodded to you before exiting the room.

You looked at Nathan, nerves spiking in your throat. Tonight wasn't going to be as relaxing as you planned.

-

The sun had gone down, and you waved to the limo from Mordhaus's livingroom window.

Nathan was lounging on the couch, flipping through every channel without a care in the world. Thankfully he didn't notice you slipping by to escape to your bedroom. Nathan barely talked with you anyway and the rest of the band was with Charles. The only reason why they'd be back was if somehow an apocalypse started. But how likely was that to happen?

You checked the hallway once, twice, and three times before comfortably slipping into a new set of clothes and dragging a box from underneath your bed. It was hard to hide things from anyone in Mordhaus but you managed to save your favorite stuffie, a pacifier and a few toys.

Sinking under the covers, with your stuffie in hand you could feel the world around you melt away. A quick nap couldn't hurt anyone. Certainly not an innocent baby like you.

-

Light faded to darkness surrounding you. Something slimy with pointy teeth, clawed-fingers and a roar louder than Nathans grabbed your wrist. You struggled against it, thrashing and suddenly unable to scream.

You wanted to run, to get far away from the thing but your legs couldn't move. You couldn't resist the thing holding you back. You gasped, jerking awake,= and shutting your eyes, too afraid to see what was in the darkness of your room.

The shadows cast on the walls morphed into horrors that pointed and mocked at your cries. You wanted to scream, to call out for help. Maybe a klokateer would help, or Charles if he was around. You weren't alone however. You slipped out of bed, checked the hallway and watched the few klokateers patrolling the area. You managed to sneak by them, tiptoeing down the hall and stopping in front of Nathan's door.

The knock echoed through the room. You could hear him cursing and groaning from the otherside. Eventually he opened the door, his red robe lazily tied around his waist.

"Mmm what do you want?" he rumbled, rubbing his eyes and yawning.

The familiar voice startled you. As comforting as it was, you couldn't stop the cries that poured from your throat.

"Who are you..." Nathan hissed a nervous breath, noticing you dressed in pjs with a paci and stuffie in hand. "Oh okay...Hey uh it's okay just please stop crying".

He reached over to you, leading you into the bedroom. You clung to his arm as he sat you down on the bed that was ridiculously large for just one person. He rubbed circles into your back as your cries turned to hiccuped sobs. Sometimes it seemed Nathan was more upset than whoever he was trying to comfort.

"Take a breath. I'm here"

After a few moments slowly, you opened your eyes to see Nathan sitting fully on the bed behind you. One hand on your back and the other holding your stuffie and pacifier. You felt frozen. How could he be so casual? You just knew the teasing had to be coming. What you didn't expect was for him to hold the items out to you.

"Tank ou" you whispered, holding your stuffie close

"Nightmare I'm guessing?"

You nodded, sniffing and rubbing your sleeve against your eyes.

"Do you know who I am?"

"You're Nathan Explosion"

"What about you? Do you know how old you are?"

This time, you hesitated to answer. The look on your face, at the sudden realization that you had no idea how to answer made Nathan feel unreasonably guilty. You reluctantly held up Y/A with their fingers.

There was silence between the two of you. No one wanted to be the first to address the situation. You felt your tear soaked cheeks begin to dry. Nathan took a sharp breath before speaking, finally breaking the silence.

"You want to talk about...this?" He asked, motioning between you and the stuff in your hand.

"Nuh uh" you mumbled.

Nathan could tell you were still distrusting. He really should have expected that something was wrong. You must have been so stressed lately, so young, or perhaps you were just showing a younger side to your regression. He used his sleeve to wipe your face.

"Your caregiver must have their hands full with you, hua?"

You shook your head no. He couldn't help but wonder if you were alone in this the whole time. Has no one really been there to take care of you? No one to hug you? No one to buy you toys or tell you what a good kiddo you were? It broke his heart!

It was horribly depressing. He wasn't sure how long you would stay in this headspace but he hoped it would last long enough for him to give you the attention you deserved.

Nathan's face softened. "Want to sleep in my bed tonight?, little one?"

You nodded, pulling at Nathan's sleeves. "Yes, p'ease..."

Little one. The pet name sent heat to your face, and hatched butterflies in your tummy. Whether Nathan meant to show it or not, his eyes lit up as you smiled at him.

Nathan kept an arm around you as he slipped off his robe. Wearing nothing but an old pair of cut off gym shorts. You readily looped your arms around his shoulders, letting him place you between his legs as he laid down. Getting settled didn't take long once he wrapped the two of you in blankets.

Nathan hummed softly, petting your hair gently and dropping soft kisses to your forehead. It was quiet, peaceful. Just what you both needed. You wiggle further into the warmth of his tubby chest, hiding a bashful and tired smile. You could hear his heartbeat thumping against you, lulling you to sleep.

"Sweet dreams, kid", was the last thing you heard, before you finally drifted off to sleep.