Chapter 1: Alone

Hiyori didn't feel her world is falling apart

Hiyori didn't feel her world is falling apart. Because it already is falling.

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

Hiyori and Cobra are the ones who are at the hospital to watch Noboru for today. The girl sat down on a stool beside Cobra while peeling apples.

She sighed and looked at Noboru who hasn't woken up yet. It's been a week since then but the former Iemura member is still unconscious on the hospital bed.

When Tetsu and Chiharu told them that there was an accident, she and Naomi immediately went to the hospital and found Cobra and Yamato standing in the hallway and crying. It broke the heart of both girls to see the boys crying for their childhood friend.

Hiyori walked towards Cobra who is still battered and bruised from the previous fight with Daruma Ikka. She hugged him and Cobra held her like she was his lifeline. It was rare for the Hoodlum Squad leader to cry but at that time, he was shaking and crying on her shoulders.

The girl was honestly scared that they might lose Noboru at that time. She's sick of death and she knows she's not the only one.

Hiyori recalls how her grandfather died. How she found him unconscious in the old cabin.

It was raining that night when the black-haired girl went home to their wooden traditional house. For that night, she and her grandfather are going to stay there as their small house in the town of Sannoh is renovating.

Hiyori just going home from Naomi's house. She always hangs out with the girl ever since middle school. Along with Cobra, Yamato, and Noboru. But the trio is always together, leaving the two girls by themselves.

As Hiyori slid the door open of the rundown cabin, she called for her grandfather.

"Ojii-chan! I'm home," she spoke and took off her grey running shoes as she placed them on the side of the doorway.

"Ojii-chan, did you already eat?" she asked but no answer from the old man once again.

Hiyori looked at the house. It was eerie. Something bad happened as if someone was telling it to her at the back of her mind.

She ran towards the living room and her breath had been caught as she looked at old man Yoichiro lying on the floor and the food scattered all over beside him.

"Grandpa!" she called and immediately crouched down on his lying body on the ground. She gently nudged the old man but he is not waking up.

Hiyori felt as if her world is falling apart. She was trembling in fear and her stomach ached.

She immediately call Sawada Mina from the next door and called Tatsuya when they got into the hospital.