Chapter 2: Noboru

"Why don't you ask Cobra how to get a girl to like you?"

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

Hiyori and Cobra walked silently as they entered the hospital. It was already their turn to watch Noboru. All of the Sannoh members have been switching to watching him and there is still no progress.

He's still not waking up.

The couple stopped as soon as they are in front of the room. Cobra slid the white door open and the two were shocked as a familiar person is there sitting beside Noboru's bed and holding his hand.

The girl stood up and walked past them. She made eye contact with the couple and completely ran away.

"Was that..." Hiyori trailed off.

"Miho," Cobra finished for her. The blonde looked at the unconscious Noboru and then at the girl standing beside him.

"Hey, stay here. I'll be back," he said and kissed her forehead.

"Okay," Hiyori nodded and Cobra ran off, probably to chase the short-haired girl earlier.

Hiyori walked inside Noboru's room and closed the door beside her. She sat down on one of the chairs there and looked at her unconscious friend.

• • •

The couple decided to go back to the diner. The bell chimed as Cobra opened the door for the both of them. Naomi and the others are already there and looked at the two.

"How is Noboru?" Yamato asked while having a mouthful of food making his cheeks look like a squirrel.

"Still sleeping," Hiyori answered as she made her way to Naomi and Nikka. The former smiled at the girl.

They looked at Cobra who just sat down in silence in his usual spot. Then, they looked at Hiyori who just shrugged as if she was letting the blonde-haired to talk.

"What's wrong?" Yamato asked his best friend. Cobra swallowed and looked at him.

"We met Miho," he said. Hiyori sighed as Naomi, and Tetsu looked at her. She nodded for confirmation.

"Where is Miho-chan right now?" Naomi asked while holding a whisk inside the transparent bowl on the counter. They are making pancakes.

"Who's Miho-san?" Chiharu asked.

"She's Noboru's girlfriend," Dan answered. The youngest nodded in understanding.

Cobra told them Miho's story. Her father owed a huge debt and in order to pay for it, Miho started to work for Doubt. After finding out about Noboru's accident, she escaped from Doubt. It is known that Doubt is the counterpart of White Rascals.