Chapter 3: Solace

"You don't

"You don't. But you're still beautiful as the flower."

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

"What's up?" Hiyori asked on the phone. Masaki called her that afternoon. She's currently at the diner, the girl sat on Cobra's spot so that Naomi and the others won't hear her.

Cobra and Yamato are not at the diner as of now. Only Naomi, Nikka, Tetsu, Chiharu, and Dan are there.

[Nothing. I just wanted to check up on you.] she heard Masaki say through the phone. She smiled at her brother.

"You know, I kinda remember something now."

[Really?]

"Yeah, like when Takeru-nii let me ride with him with his bike even though Mom and Dad said that I'm not allowed to because I'm still young," she laughed at the memory. She heard Masaki also let out a chuckle on the phone and vaguely heard Hiroto's voice asking who he was talking to.

[That's great, you're remembering things now.]

"Yeah, but I-I still can't remember anything from that night..." she said as she bit her bottom lip.

When she went to her grandpa's old house, flashes of memories came to her. About her past before she lost her memory. But that night when old man Yoichi found her is still a memory that she can't remember. No matter how she tried to recall it, the memory was still buried deep within her mind.

[It's okay. Don't force yourself too much.]

"I understand. Um, I gotta go. Tell Hiro-nii I said hi. I'll talk to you later and please tell me if you have news about Takeru-nii," she told him.

[Alright, will do. Bye, Yori-chan~] she ended the call and sighed.

After a few minutes, the diner was filled with people. The Strawberry Milk girls decided to hang out there. Hiyori was too immersed in the book she was reading that she didn't notice Cobra sitting beside her until the blonde put an arm around her shoulders.

"Hey," Hiyori smiled and kissed his cheek. She glanced at Tetsu who was sitting across from them, he grinned and nodded knowingly. She rolled her eyes and immediately smiled as she turned her eyes on Cobra.

"How's Noboru?" she asked.

"He's fine, he might be getting discharged soon," Cobra told her. She nodded.

"That's great, we can throw a welcoming party or something," she said.

"That was my idea!" Tetsu told her. She rolled her eyes for the umpteenth time and sighed.

"I wasn't stealing it or anything," she said in a 'duh' tone. Tetsu made a face at her and she gladly make a comeback.

The two are always teasing each other as if they are brother and sister. Hiyori thought of Tetsu as her younger brother and care for him. The same goes for the youngster who treated Hiyori as his older sister and cared for her just like a sibling.