𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘~𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Let Me Go ~ Avril Lavigne ft. Chad Kroeger

"Isla," a voice summoned as I stared at my parents, clothed in bright white garments.

"Mom, Dad," I gasped happily. I ran over to them, but they were drifting the more I got closer. Until they were completely gone. Dark clouds surrounded me, and a fog prevented me from finding my way.

"Isla, wake up,"

"Mom, come back. Mom please, don't leave me here." I called out until everything faded into a blinding, bright light. I slowly blinked my eyes open, to meet a familiar pair of brown eyes.

"Island, you're alive! Oh thank The Heavens." Aiden wrapped his arms tightly around me.

"W-Where, huh? Mom? Dad? What?" I whispered.

"No no, it's us, your other family. We're so relieved that you're alive, none of us here even slept a wink." He told me as I tried to remember how we got to this situation. Yves.

I carefully but weakly turned my head to Katerina, Zoe and Dr. McCain. They were all encircling me, and Zoe, along with Katerina, were clinging tightly to me.

"I should have died-"

"Don't dare say that Isla. Don't say that, we want you alive, and we're willing to support you through whatever tough time you're enduring, why did you leave?" Zoe cupped my cheek. I had missed her so much.

"Yves fired me, there was no reason for me to stay anymore." I said in a small tone.

"What?! That's not possible, your contract is ongoing for another one month, and why would he do that? You're a great assistant!" Aiden was in shock as they all stared at me warily. I just shrugged nonchalantly in response.

"Her health has improved over the past two days. She's ready to be discharged," Dr. McCain spoke as he checked his clipboard.

"We're taking you back home though. It's odd how he's the reason you're like this but he has been sleepless and on the edge ever since you left. At some point, I thought I saw him crying." Katerina told me as she held my hand tightly.

"He doesn't want me, I don't want to come back. I want to apply for a death-"

"Isla, calm down. You're not going to die, and you're most definitely coming back home. With us," Aiden held my face between his palms as Zoe nodded.

"We don't want to lose you Isla, you're very special to us. I'll literally be visiting you every time I get the chance, you're my only best friend." Zoe had tears in her eyes as she spoke to me. I exhaled slightly, then faced all of them.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I guess I will come, but I don't want to see your brother, I don't even want to breathe the same air as him, do you understand?" They all sighed in relief, including Doctor McCain.