Chapter 4: Welcome home

"No matter what kind of person you are, we all have things that we want to protect

"No matter what kind of person you are, we all have things that we want to protect."

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

Hiyori went with Yamato and Cobra to the hospital to visit Noboru. The latter is already doing better so they decided to go to the rooftop of the hospital to get some air. Noboru sat down on a bench there with Cobra.

Yamato is standing and looking at the view across the fence. Hiyori smiled as she sat down in Noboru's wheelchair.

"How are you feeling?" Hiyori asked. Noboru looked at him and gave a smile.

"I'm good, I guess. I can move a lot now," he answered.

"Yeah, you seem a lot better," Cobra said and glanced at him. Hiyori smiled as she put her hands on her black leather jacket's pocket.

"I'll be discharged next week," Noboru replied. Hiyori grinned and clapped her hands.

"That's great!" she exclaimed. Noboru chuckled at the girl and then the atmosphere got serious as he thought of something.

"Tsukumo-san already woke up, huh?" Noboru asked. Hiyori put her foot down on the ground as she gently pushed it making the wheelchair sway a bit.

"What's wrong?" Cobra asked.

"They're all too alike. Tatsuya-san, Tsukumo-san, and my incident," he replied. Hiyori looked down on her lap as she stopped pushing her foot on the ground. Cobra and Hiyori looked at each other for a second until the former stood up.

"Noboru," he called. "Iemura Group did that to you, right?"

"That's what I think." Hiyori looked at the three and bit her bottom lip. "However, the other day a policeman came and told me that my incident happened because someone had a grudge against the Hoodlum Squad."

The girl squinted her eyes as she looked at the view across the fence.

"Who was it?" Hiyori asked. Noboru looked at her and frowned in confusion. "The policeman?"

"Oh, he called himself Saigo," Noboru replied. Hiyori looked at Yamato with a raised brow. They are familiar with him, the boys are not someone who didn't encounter policemen in their area.

As for Hiyori, she reported to the police when her first-ever blind date tried to sexually harass her which he undeniably failed to do so. Hiyori broke the guy's arm and filed a complaint at the police station.

"He's a bit sketchy," Hiyori commented. Yamato and Cobra nodded. "Kuryu's powerful, they might actually pay the police to cover up everything. They can basically do anything with their dirty money."

• • •

"So, do you just pour it on the pan?" Hiyori asked Naomi. The latter nodded and held her hands that were holding the bowl with mixed pancakes.