Chapter 6: Tangled

"Can you just listen to your older brother for once?"

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

"Hey," she called as soon as Cobra answered the phone. Hiyori pulled her black jacket closer to her figure, it was given by Cobra as a present last year on her birthday.

[Where are you?] Cobra softly asked. She can hear the worried tone in his voice.

"Still with my brothers. How're things there? I heard Doubt trashed the town," she said and bit her bottom lip.

[We took care of it. When are you going back?]

"Actually, I don't know yet. But don't worry, I'll be fine. I'll come home before you even know it," she chuckled and sighed.

[Alright. Be careful.]

"You, too, okay? I love you," Hiyori said and bit the nail on her thumb as her heart beat faster.

[I love you, too.] The girl smiled widely and hummed.

"Okay, I'll talk to you later," she said and hang up.

After a minute of talking to him, Hiyori felt lighter and away from all the problems they are facing.

She sighed and turned to walk towards the building where Smokey is getting treated by some person Hiroto knew. She went towards her brother and sat down beside him.

"Why are you two together? Aren't you from Sannoh?" Takeshi eyed her suspiciously.

"She's my sister," Hiroto simply told him as he drank from his flask. She snapped her head towards him and raised a brow.

He's drinking.

This guy is her ride and he's drinking. Hiyori thought if they get into an accident and died, she will haunt him even if he was dead like her no matter what.

Hiyori looked at Smokey lying on the bed who is clearly struggling while some person that Hiroto knew is stitching his back. The girl winced at the sight.

"Is this guy really a doctor?" Shion asked.

"Don't worry, he's good. Although he's an alcoholic," Hiroto said. Hiyori glared at her brother's side.

"You don't need to tell them that," the doctor told him.

"Amamiya, why you..." before Takeshi can even form his question, Lala entered the room.

"Onii-chan!" she exclaimed with worry laced in her tone.

"Lala," Takeshi called and pulled her back.

"Onii-chan!"

"Don't worry, he's fine," the doctor told her.

"Let me know when he wakes up," Hiroto said and offered his hand to Hiyori. "Let's go, Yori."