It all Started with a Reminder

"Say, where do you think Eggman hid the chaos emeralds?"

"MY CALCULATIONS PRESUME THEY ARE LOCATED INSIDE OF HIS BASE."

"I know that, Omega." Rouge sighed. She had noticed Shadow was being unusually quiet and she decided to act on it.

"What's going on with you? You're never this quiet on missions." Rouge smugly grinned.

"Hmph." Rouge was appalled. No snarky remarks? No insult? This was very strange behavior.

"SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG'S FOCUS IS ON AN ARTICLE OF CLOTHING." Omega interpreted. Rouge raised a brow, not seeing anything on Shadow.

"Be quiet, Omega." Shadow warned. Rouge was still left confused until she saw something attached to his quills.

Was that..?

Oh, this is too good.

"Hm. You wouldn't happen to have Amy's scarf, would you?" Shadow grunted before turning away.

"I have no idea what you're saying, you crazy bat."

"BODY TEMPERATURES ARE RISING."

This was hilarious! Shadow made sure to avoid eye contact with us as he kept denying the fact.

Who knew he'd have a crush on such a cute ray of sunshine?

"Argh! Fix Omega! He's miscalculating things again!" Shadow held onto the piece of scarf that remained on his quills. But still didn't let go of it.

"So...why do you have a scrap of Amy's scarf anyway?" Rouge leaned in closer to the beyond flustered hedgehog.

She had never seen him act like this before!

"Mind your business. We're on a mission." Shadow growled.

"MY OBSERVATIONS SHOW SHADOW IS THINKING OF OTHER THINGS BESIDES THE MISSION. SUCH AS—"

"Chaos control!"

In a blink of an eye, Shadow was gone. Omega and Rouge glanced at each other in confusion and knowing.

"Omega, do you happen to have any footage of when Shadow interacted with Amy Rose?"

I just need proof now...

"INDEED I DO. WHAT CLIP WOULD YOU LIKE TO LOOK AT, ROUGE THE BAT?" Omega shuffled with his chest, scrolling through the footage.

"Take me back to when Amy was sent on a mission with us."

Those chaos emeralds can wait.

~Flashback~

"Hey Rouge! Hi Omega! Are you ready for the mission?"

"I am. Mr. Grumpy's going to tag along as well." Rouge pointed to behind her shoulder, where Shadow stood.

"Oh, Shadow! Nice to see you!"

"You too, Amy."

Rouge shifted in her stance. Shadow was never one to say things like that...

"Alright, well...let's get going then." Rouge muttered, still confused.

"Okay! I can't wait!" Cheered Amy.

Rouge could've sworn she heard a faint chuckle from Shadow...

~End of Flashback~

"Hm. That was something...but I need more evidence before I'm sure of it." Rouge tapped her chin with her fingertips.

"WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE WHEN SHADOW AND AMY "HUNG OUT"?"