seventeen.

..⃗.  [knife in the coffee] 𑁍ࠜ ・゚ˊˎ

╰┈➤ ❝ [some people desire fame, some riches

╰┈ [some people desire fame, some riches. i desire nothing more than a lifetime of being cradled safely under your arm.]
╰┈r.h. sin

HER FINGERS PINCHED AND TUGGED AT THE BLACK DRESS. She made a mental note to thank Dory for running to her old house and digging through her closet for it. A soft sigh dripped from her lips as she ran her hand along her sides, flattening out any wrinkles that appeared. Biting her bottom lip, she reached up to pinch the bridge of her nose. Leaning forward, she checked her makeup. Her eyes searched for any signs of her bruising. She thanked whatever higher power there may be that her foundation was full coverage. The copper glitter on her eyes shimmered in the light, complimented by cat-eye eyeliner. She sighed again as she leaned back, her gaze returning to her dress, scrutinizing every inch of her body. Now she understood why Bruce had covered the mirror up.

The door to the bedroom opened as Bruce stepped in. He closed the door behind him, his eyes roaming over her form. Running a hand through his hair, he approached her. His eyes glanced into the mirror, keeping his attention on her rather than himself. It'd been so long since he looked at his own reflection and doing so now wouldn't help. He was sure he looked rough, exhausted and beaten down. But she looked just as radiant as ever. And part of him wondered how he'd ever gotten lucky enough.

Her elbow nudged him, pulling him from his thoughts. In her hands was a thin silver necklace with a moon charm. He recognized it as one of Dory's necklaces. "Help me?" She asked, gesturing towards the clasps of the necklace. His fingers delicately took the necklace from her. She turned her back to him, waiting for him to put the jewelry on her. He set the necklace down on the dresser, turning to approach a smaller dresser. Inside one of the cabinets was a small safe. He spun the combination lock until it clicked open. Siobhan turned to watch him, her eyebrows furrowed. When he stood up, turning back towards her, her eyes widened at the pearl necklace in his hands. "Jesus," she muttered as he neared her, "is that your mom's?"

He slowly nodded, motioning for her to turn around. She shook her head, telling him that it was too much, that he didn't need to give that to her. "Shiv, my mother would roll in her grave if she found out I gave it to anyone but you." Once again, he motioned for her to spin around. With a hesitant look, she began to turn her back to him. She gently bit her lip and pulled her hair out of the way, feeling utterly unworthy of something that meant so much to him. Her face flushed as she watched him wrap the necklace around her neck, clasping it loosely. His arms wrap around her waist, holding her flush against his warm body. As he holds her close, he nestles his face into the crook of her neck. "You look beautiful." He mumbled against her skin.

"You're a loser." She snorted, giggling as his hands squeezed her sides. Something about this domestic moment put a smile on her lips, wider than she'd been able to muster for years now. Her own hands held his, intertwining their fingers. In the reflection, she let her eyes run over what little she could see of Bruce's features. How the dark circles around his eyes had lightened ever so slightly. How the muscles in his back had relaxed more. How he smiled a bit more - not full smiles, but they were getting somewhere. She wished he'd smile more. It brightened his face, made him look more alive. At the risk of sounding like a man, his smile made him prettier.