Chapter 8: Recollections

"Yeah, you're like a lily

"Yeah, you're like a lily. Too pure and innocent for this world."

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

"So, how the hell did you get into Sannoh?" Yamato asked. She rolled her eyes and ate the curry that Naomi served her.

It's been two days since the Port Battle and Yamato's been swarming her questions about her connection with the Amamiya Kyodai. After they went home that night, she stayed at her apartment for a day and came to the diner the next day.

Luckily for her, she didn't get to meet Yamato as the latter stayed at home due to the wounds he got from the fight.

Now her lucky days are finally over as her childhood friend kept on asking questions.

"Grandpa Yoichiro adopted me. I've had no memories before that due to an accident," she explained. She looked at Cobra for help but the blonde is busy flipping through the magazine. She groaned and turned her eyes to Yamato who is sitting across from her.

"And? How did you remember that they are your brothers?"

"Memories just came right into my mind," she shrugged.

"Why were you with them at the port?"

"Saving Smokey's sister so that we can find a clue about our oldest brother," she answered.

"Right, there is still the oldest," he muttered.

"You done?"

"I have a question," Chiharu said and sat down beside Yamato.

"Are they really cool?" Hiyori frowned at the question.

"Gee, I don't know. Not really," she said and grimaced.

"What do you mean?"

"Maybe in your perspective, yeah, sure, they're cool," she said and shrugged.

"Did you regain all your memories?" Naomi asked from behind her. She's standing behind the counter. Hiyori looked at her and sadly smiled.

"Not all of it," she muttered and took a spoonful of curry and rice into her mouth. She chewed and thought about her memories. She still can't remember what happened that night but she felt that she was scared.

Maybe she was trying not to remember it on purpose due to trauma. She bit her lip and swallowed the food. The girl took the glass of water beside her plate and gulped it down. She sighed and wiped her wet lips.

It frustrates her that she can't remember that important event.

Hiroto and Masaki didn't bother to ask her about it but she knew they are trying their best not to blurt out a question. They are waiting for her instead to tell them about it.