Chapter 1: Dream of the past

"Okay, I really have to ask

"Okay, I really have to ask. Have you two gone on a date yet?"

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

For the past two weeks, Hiyori is having the same dream over and over again. The night when she ran away from home.

That night, it was raining and Hiyori ran barefooted, not even bothered by the sticky mud in the woods. She panted as she felt the adrenaline rushing in her veins.

It was still lingering in her mind. The feelings of her feet on the ground as she ignored the pain of bruises and small cuts and continued to run. The smell of the soil wet from the rain made her stomach churn.

The girl woke up as she recalled her dream. It was a memory from that very night that her grandpa found her.

It was slowly coming back to her. She clenched a fistful of her shirt on her chest as she grunted while staring at the mirror.

It pains her.

That night her parents were killed. Amamiya Sousuke and Amamiya Shoko died on that night.

If she didn't run, what could have happened to her? She would probably die with them.

Hiyori didn't notice that she let out a sob escape from her lips. Tears fell and she stared at her reflection. Her expression could tell how much she was in emotional pain.

She continued to cry as she thanked her parents for saving her. She couldn't remember them for years. She couldn't mourn for them.

After a minute, she calmed down and took her phone that was lying on her bed. She cleared her throat as she proceeded to call Hiroto.

[What's wrong?] Hiroto quickly asked as soon as he picked it up.

"Nothing. I am just going to ask you something," she said trying her voice not to break.

[What is it?]

"Can you tell me the location of the cemetery where Mom and Dad are buried?"

It went quiet on the other line and the girl felt nervous. She pressed her lips into a thin line as she heard Hiroto breathe out a sigh.

[Alright. I'll text you the address.]

"Okay, thank you."

[Do you want me to go with you?]

"No, no. I'll go by myself. I'll be fine," she assured.

[Alright. Call me if you need anything.] he said and ended the call.

Hiyori sighed and flopped down on her bed. And only a few seconds, her phone chimed. Hiroto texted her the address.