(Chapter 1)
All I need is a prayer

~*~

Author POV

What is a god?

Ancient beings, passed down by word of mouth, songs, literature.

Idariacia, a long lost dynasty.

A world that worships the gods and goddesses.

But some are forgotten, they fade, become powerless.

All is required is a spark to light a fire.

All you need is a name.

A prayer.

~*~

Xuxaos was far from lucky.

The God of Chaos.

He was the last thing anyone wanted to pray for.

Except homicidal maniacs, he has had a few of them in his time, they usually prayed to Alius, God of Death. He usually got done what they wanted.

It had been 400 years or so since the last time his name had been called even by accident.

His body was far from whole, the gods and goddesses who received prayers daily glowed with the brightness of a celestial being.

He was shrouded in shadows, the darkness lingering around him like a cloak.

Every god and goddess is born with a prophecy, an achievement they must strive for. They only knew the prophecy on the day they truly become one of the celestial.

Each having to achieve and overcome trials, but until you had prayers directed your way you were unable to start the trial.

Being a god with no power and a barely tangible body was boring. Xuxaos had grown tired, he longed to begin his trial. To receive his prophecy and ascend.

All he needed was a mortal to say his name, mutter it even. He needed a prayer.

"Still prayer less?" A taunting voice called out to him.

"Yes, still shining?" Xuxaos retorted, though he knew the answer.

"Yes because people believe in me" Raddia was the Goddess of Confidence.

Many prayed to her for multiple reasons. Her radiant glow was bright and strong. He felt like the dark shadow to her glow. It was overpowering.

"You'll get someone some day, a lunatic but at least they will be someone" she haughtily raised her head as if he were some mortal to look down upon.

In a way he was, for what use was a god with no power.

The sound of bare feet on marble signalled her departure. His own feet swung above the ground, laying back on the hammock.

He fell asleep, there in the sun of the celestial realm. Down below in the world of Idariacia people slept and worked on unknowing of his existence. If they did know they never acknowledged it.

He occasionally travelled down to the mortal realm, gods and goddesses travelled there under the guise of mortals. To observe and to learn, to help them adapt.

Xuxaos frequented the mortal world often, he went under the guise of a simple commoner, with the name of Jimin.

"Sleeping again" a hand pushed the hammock, Xuxaos tumbled off the hammock in a undignified heap.

"Very elegant" Emteus remarked.

Emteus was a strong celestial, they overlooked the mountains. Many travellers prayed to them for safe passage through the mountains.

They defined themselves not by a title of god or goddess, but instead as a deity. They had been Xuxaos' best friend from a young age and their loyalty had been as sturdy as the mountains they overlooked.

"Planning to travel to the mortal realm again?" Emteus asked, taking a seat beside him on the hammock.

"Yes, there is only so much of the celestial realm one can take" Xuxaos replied.

"Mind if I come with you, it has been a while" Emteus requested.

"You're always welcome my friend" Xuxaos smiled, wrapping an arm around broad, strong shoulders.

"No prayers?" Emteus asked.

"No" unlike when Raddia had come around Xuxaos was honest, the hurt was apparent in his voice.

"Some day someone will look up and pray to you, you will become a god, I know it" Emteus spoke with determination.

It gave Xuxaos confidence, he was truly appreciative of his friend. Leaning into their shoulder, they both took peace in each other's presence in a way only old friends can.

It was only then he felt a tingling presence rising in him, like being struck by lightning.

"Xuxaos are you alright?" Emteus looked in concern to their friend.

Xuxaos had gone rigid, eyes glazed over looking to the sky.

A name was called.

His name.

He could feel it, multiple voices repeating it over and over, none of them said a prayer.

He itched for it, practically begging for one. His eyes rolling back as he gazed to the sky.

"Xuxaos" his friend was shaking his shoulders. But he was barely aware of the deities' presence.

"Say it come on" he muttered aloud.

That's when Emteus understood, a grin over coming their face. They waited too, praying that their friend would finally get the prayer he wanted.

The prayer that would start his eternal life.

"Xuxaos" a voice muttered again.

But he could hear it loud and clear in his mind.

"I pray that you will take us away from here" with the prayer being uttered Xuxaos felt the power rushing through his veins.

His body filling with the chaos he had lacked a moment ago, he began to dimly glow with the prayer.

Like any god he answered, he couldn't let his worshipper down now could he?

His power reached out grabbing onto the 6 who had muttered his name, he could feel them. He yanked at them, pulling them through space and time.

~*~

Did we like it?

I hope you did.

Vote?

Comment?

Bye,

Winter