the bell tower

Peterkin begins to violently cough, while still laying on the ground and bleeding. 

I hesitate for a second looking at my brother before running over to her and kneeling down and pressing my hands down on her wound. "What- what do I do?" I ask, tears running down my face.

"Call- call it in." She wheezes. John B runs over, handing me his bandana and kneels next to me and grabs the radio.

"Hey! Hey, no!" Rafe yells, pointing the gun at John B. He walks up to us and presses the gun in his face.

"No! Rafe, stop!" I beg, still, pressing down on Peterkin's gunshot wound. "You're a liar, dad! You said you were gonna turn yourself in!"

"Sometimes people have to lie to protect their family!" Dad yells.

"You lie to protect yourself!" I scream.

"John B, give me the radio." He says.

"No, don't." I plead, looking at John B.

"Give me the radio." Dad says, this time taking the radio from his hands.

"I'm so sorry." I say to Peterkin. "I'm so-" I gasp for air, tears still streaming down my face. "I'm so sorry." I sob, watching the blood leak through the bandana. "Call for help!" I scream towards my father. "She's dying!" I yell.

"Run." Peterkin wheezes, to JB.

"I'm not going to leave you guys." He says.

"Run, JB." I plead, looking at him.

"I'm sorry." He says, his voice breaking. He slowly stands up, backing away from us and towards Sarah. 

"Go." Sarah says, pushing him away.

"Hey! Where are you going?!" Rafe yells, running after him.

"No!" Sarah yells, pushing herself into Rafe.

"You're gonna be ok." I say to Peterkin, still sobbing. I pull away the bandana and throw it aside, before ripping the bottom of my shirt off and press it down on the wound. Gunshots ring through the air causing me to flinch and cry even more as I try and save her life.

Sarah runs over to help me, while Rafe and dad argue over what to do. I look at my arms and stomach and gasp for air when I notice the amount of Peterkin's blood I have on me.

"Jade." Dad says, walking over to me.

"What?!" I yell, pressing harder on the wound and ignoring how my arms have gone numb.

"Get up sweetie." He begs.

"She's dying!" I yell, watching how he ignores me. "What is wrong with you?!"

"Take them home." He says to Rafe.

"What?! NO!" Sarah yells.

"I'm not leaving until the medics get here!" I yell, turning my attention back to saving Peterkin but I can't however when I feel arms wrap around me and pull me back. "NO!" I scream, trying to get back to her. "Let me go!" I beg. "Rafe! No, let me go! Sheriff! No!"

"I'm calling Jade! See? Sarah!" Dad yells.

"Dad! Stop! Rafe! She needs help! SOMEBODY HELP!" I screech at the top of my lungs, before being thrown in to the back of the car. "Rafe! Let me out!" I scream, crying and banging on the window, as hard as I can.

"Dad! Stop! No! Rafe! Let us go!" Sarah yells, being thrown in to the front seat of the car.

"Shut up!" Rafe yells, turning on the car and driving away.