The phantom

"Holy shit." He whispers, running up to me and pulling me into a hug. "I thought I was never gonna see you again." He whispers into my shoulder.

"Me neither." I cry.

"Listen, I'm so sorry. I love you. And what I said to you the other day. I didn't mean it." He says into my shoulder.

"I don't care. I just need you right now. Please. Just let me have you." I whisper, crying into his chest. 

"Ok. Ok, you're safe." He whispers, stroking my hair. 

I sob into his chest clinging to his shirt. "Rafe." I gasp for air. "Rafe shot her. Rafe, he-" I begin to hyperventilate.

"I know, baby." He whispers.

"My dad. He let- He let her die." I sob, letting him hold me so I don't fall to the ground.

"JJ, what-?" I hear Kie walk into the room to talk to JJ but stop. "Oh, crap."

"I could have saved her." I say, completely exhausted.

"Look,  don't beat yourself up to much. He's completely changed his feels. The past 24 hours have been like Jekill and Hyde." JJ says, following after Kie and I.

"I hate to admit it, but I miss the old Pope." Kie says. "At least I know what to expect from him."

"Where you been?" Kie's mom says.

"Uh- I'm fine, I slept here." Kie says, pointing to The Wreck.

"Well, we were up half the night, scared to death, lookin' for you. Were you even gonna tell us?" She asks.

"I'm telling you right now." Kie says.

"All right, what the hell are you three up to?" She asks.

"I'm sorry, Mrs Anna, we really have to go." I say.

"No. No! Your father is looking for you and Sarah, Jade! He's terrified!" She yells.

I get into the car, pulling JJ in with me and close the door while Kie argues with her mom.

"I'm sorry, mom! I have to go! John B needs me!" kie explains, getting into the car with tears in her eyes.

"No, this is not safe, Kiara! For any of you! You guys are gonna get shot!" She yells, banging on the window.

"I'm sorry!" Kie yells, pulling out and driving away.

"Home sweet home." JJ says, looking at his house. 

"Do you want me to come, Jay? Cause, I will come." I say, grabbing his hand.

"No. This will only be a second." He says, getting out of the car and walking in to his house.

"Are you ok?" Kie asks.

"Honestly? No. But once Sarah and John B get off the island, I'll be fine." I say, smiling. We wait in the car for awhile and look over to see JJ walking back. He gets in the car and get in the front.

"Are you ok?" I ask.

He smiles and shows the keys, dangling on his fingers.

"It'll be fine. It'll be fine with the Phantom." JJ says. "She'll get out quick."

Sirens blare past us causing me to duck down and out of view.

"They're still looking. It's a good sign." Kie says.

"Yeah, they're gonna be fine." I say, trying to convince myself.