𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘~𝐎𝐍𝐄

Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Deep End ~ William Black

Early in the morning, Yves had already showered, eaten breakfast and had two online meetings before I officially woke up at seven am. Well, at least that's what he told me happened.

I had woken up to a lovely large breakfast meal made by my man. He had already prepared a nice hot bath, and he had picked my outfit, which consisted of black tights and a vest then some matching sneakers, something comfortable since we were going for a check-up. Dr. McCain had flown all the way to the island specifically for me.

After basically feeding me the breakfast and talking to the baby, I took my bath then got dressed. I tied my hair into a secure bun then applied a nude lip gloss and some mascara on my thick lashes.

After my routine, I went downstairs to where Yves was. He was casually settled on the couch, reading a book attentively.

His steely grey eyes looked up at me, and his pink lips pulled into probably the most beautiful smile in the world. He beckoned me, and I skipped over to where he was. I sat in his lap and wrapped my hands around his neck while staring up at him.

"You look so beautiful this morning, this pregnancy really suits you." He ran his large hand over my baby bump.

"Thank you Yves." I whispered, giggling when he kissed my nose gently.

"Are you ready to know the gender?" Yves said in a deep, low tone.

"Yes, it'll be a girl." I tilted my head.

"Don't be so sure. I have an adamant feeling that it's going to be a boy. I can sense it," he stroked my hair.

"Okay then. We'll find out soon," I wiggled my brows, and he gave me a lingering kiss on the mouth before I finally got off his lap.

We held hands as we went to his silver, luxurious car. He helped me into the Jeep, then placed my bag in the back seat. I clasped my hands over my belly.

I rubbed it slowly, smiling to myself as I realized that the baby was probably sleeping again. They liked sleeping from morning to mid-day, then from late afternoon to maybe seven pm.

"Are you feeling anything, baby? Are you comfortable?" Yves turned to me after he turned the ignition and opened the sunroof.

"Yes, thank you. The baby is asleep," he chuckled before leaning to kiss the surface of my belly.

After a 10-minute drive, we arrived at the private hospital. It was one of the most expensive ones back in the city, and it had established another infrastructure on the island. I slipped my dark glasses and cap on before letting Yves help me out like the gentleman he was.

When we walked in, no one was present, except a few nurses that were getting on with patients. We went straight to Dr. McCain's office.

"Mr. and Mrs. Nicholson, welcome. It's lovely to see you," we walked into the huge white and modern office. It had lots of modern and up-to-date machinery, and I marveled at how cosy and luxurious the office was.