Chapter 4: Sannoh Rengokai x Amamiya

"Well, what if he knew all along? He told me that he knows my grandfather

"Well, what if he knew all along? He told me that he knows my grandfather. What if he's the reason you guys found me?"

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

Somewhere outside the district of SWORD, there is a town called Little Asia. In one of the apartment buildings there, the Amamiya Kyodai is residing.

Both Masaki and Hiroto are sitting down on one of the couches and watching the news on the television. The younger male turned off the television and stood up from his seat.

"Tomorrow..." Masaki trailed off. "...don't oversleep."

"Tell that to yourself," Hiroto rebutted and turned his back.

"Shut up. Is Yori going to come? You told her the location, right?" Masaki asked his younger brother.

"No, she already went there last week," Hiroto answered. Masaki sighed and went silent for a few seconds.

"Hey, do you think Takeru will be there tomorrow?" Masaki questioned as he took a sip of his drink.

"I don't know."

"It's already been a year since he went missing."

"All the clues we found... led to nothing," Hiroto voiced out, his back facing Masaki's.

"I hope he comes this time," Masaki spoke. Hiroto glanced at his back but then walked out of the room leaving the older Amamiya in the living room. He stepped out of the room after a few minutes of drinking.

He walked into another one as he stared at the picture sticking on the wall. It was Hiroto's birthday ten years ago. Both he and Hiyori are sitting in the middle of their parents as Takeru and Masaki are sitting across from them and near the camera.

The smiles on their parents and Hiyori brought him back to the memory.

That one rainy night completely changed their lives.

Because of that, Masaki hates the rain.

• • •

It has been five days but Hiyori is still taken aback by the events from that day.

The girl is at her apartment as she stands beside her twin-sized bed. She is staring at the check that was given to her on that day. She still couldn't believe it.

That amount of money or the fact that Amamiya Takeru gave it to her. That very same Amamiya Takeru they have been looking for.

Does her brother know she's alive? And that she's his sister?

Hiyori's mind was filled with questions that were still left unanswered.

She hasn't told Hiroto and Masaki about her encounter with Takeru. She wasn't even sure if it was him, but something tells her that it was. Call it a gut feeling or whatever. Even though the only thing that was familiar to her is the necklace that was wrapped around his neck. It was that same necklace he has when they were kids.