New wolfblood in Town

"Time to get up Ev, you're going to be late to school," Emma's voice barely made it through my sleepy state, I was tired after the full moon last night, it wasn't my first transformation, as a matter of fact it was my fith. Fith in this bunker of safety that the Smiths created but some mornings were still difficult.

I'm thankful, don't get me wrong, who knows where I would be without them, in some foster home with human foster parents around which I'd have to walk on thin ice  in order to keep my reality a secret. But still this celler was slowly driving me insane, I wanted to be able to feel the silky reflection of the moon on my wolf fur. To run around the moors, howl, be free in spirit. Unlikely that this dream of mine was going to come true any time soon though.

"Ev, Emma is being serious, she's packed your breakfast for the walk" Daniel's voice echoed as he peaked back into the den, I finally opened my eyes, stretching, letting out an elongated sigh.

"Thank you, I'm coming now," I replied, not moving until I could hear that Daniel made it all the way up the stairs, stretching my fingers out my palm I felt the blood rushing through my veins, a new feeling of energy rushing through, so powerful that when it I sit up my head feels dizzy. Sat up far too fast, I laughed to myself resting my head against my hand.

By the time I make it up the stairs Maddy is sat at the table eating pancakes covered in syrup, so much that just looking at it makes me feel sick.

"You are sickly" I comment, pulling a disgusted face.

"Well at least I don't look like I don't know what a hairbrush is!" her comeback caused my mouth to fall open in shock and a single laugher escapes.

"Ouch- low blow Maddy, low blow, you know I can't wait until your first transfomation we'll see the tangles in your hair after you freak out in the den," I stuck my tounge out. Daniel who faced the stove flipping pancake batter laughed but Emma didn't agree.

She looked at us sternly "I think that's enough for this morning ladies, don't you agree?".

All of us errupt into laughter, my heart warms whenever I'm with these people, Emma comes over and wraps her hands around my shoulder in a hug, we're facing the kitchen for a moment, she kisses the top of my head before going back to helping her husband.

"I'm done, if you're not ready in the next five minutes Ev I will leave without ya,"

"I'm going, I'm going!" She pushes me towards my room, it's based in a little corridor coming out of the kitchen, mine and Maddy's rooms are across from each other, they always have been, in this very same place, I run my fingers against the height charts that we started when we were little, as of right now I was beating Maddy by literal centimeters. It makes my stomach turn, this is all I've ever known. This life.

Thankful that I packed my bag and laid out some clothes last night before transformation so I wouldn't have to hurry this morning. Looking in the mirror my hair wasn't half as bad as Maddy made it out to be, I ran my brush through it a few times before hearing the front door open.

"I'm leaving!" Maddy's voice echoed through the house.

"I'm coming stop exaggerating," I replied rolling my eyes to myself, throwing my backpack over my shoulder. I grabbed two pancakes wrapped in a tissue and headed out the door, Maddy was already half way down the drive.

The walk was peacful, my senses being overpowering this morning, I could smell the rain that poured last night, and hear every rustle of the leaves, I close my eyes imagining myself standing in the middle of a field taking it all in, one deep breath following another.

"You know I'll be happy if we don't find out our history test results today, like I think I'm happier in ignorance," Maddy commeneted, and so my bubble was burst, back to real life Evelyn.