Chapter Twenty Seven

Not long after the interviews began, the talk shows started getting scheduled. The very first was scheduled for a week after their first set of interviews. Dean liked talk shows as much as he liked the normal interviews, almost more. He got to talk to a large group of people about his passions, his work. It was a way to share a part of himself with them.

It was a truly fantastic time for him, doing these talk shows and interviews with Cas. He adored these things, and he had someone he loved to do them with. All too soon, the day of the final talk show arrived.

When Dean woke that morning, he reached out and did not find Cas on the bed. Sitting up, he glanced around and didn't see him. After a moment, he heard his voice from the living room and relaxed. Standing and stretching, he made his way to the doorway of the bedroom.

"What do you mean I have to miss the talk show? Are you kidding me?" Cas was saying into his phone, running his free hand through his hair. "You're the one who booked me! How did you manage to double book like this?"

After a few more minutes of conversation, Cas hung up the phone and sighed. Dean came up behind him, gently hugging him and resting his head against Cas's back.

"What was that all about?" He questioned, hearing Cas let out a frustrated huff of air.

"My agent booked me for a commercial shooting to promote the movie today, at the same time as the talk show," Cas explained. "And we can't cancel, or we lose all of the money from the promotion. I'll have to miss the show."

Cas turned in Dean's hold, looking like he was about to start apologizing. Dean cradled Cas's face in his hands, gently kissing him. Leaning back, he spoke softly.

"Don't worry about it. It's not your fault. I'll just do the talk show by myself," he said. "You know I don't mind, and it'll all work out in the end."

Cas kissed Dean again, smiling against his mouth as he spoke.

"You really are too good to me, you know that?" He said, and Dean just kissed him again.

They both laid around the house for the better part of the day, getting ready around five to go to their respective shoots. The talk show and commercial shoot both started at seven, but they could never get there too early.

At about five thirty, Dean was texting his driver and heading out the door. Giving Cas yet another reassurance that he would be fine and a kiss goodbye, he headed downstairs and into the car. Smiling to himself, he stared out the window at where Cas was standing upstairs and presumably calling his own driver. He just looked so... peaceful, in Dean's home like that. His own personal happy place, there and in the flesh.

By about six fifteen, they had arrived at the venue for the talk show. Stepping out of the car, Dean ignored the flashes of cameras from paparazzi and walked inside quickly to avoid the cold. It was getting rather close to the coldest season in L.A., and he was not a cold weather person by any stretch of the imagination.

Once inside, he was greeted by a large crew of people. They whisked him away and touched up his makeup and outfit so that he was ready, then prepped him on his introduction to the show. By the time they were done, it was time for the show to start and Dean to wait for his cue.

After the host introduced himself and gave a bit of a talk on who would be joining him that evening, he gave Dean's cue. Walking out into the lights, Dean grinned and waved, settling into the chair he was being offered. The crowd seemed excited for him to be there, which worked out well for him. It meant that this would at least be a fun show to do.

"Hi, James," Dean said, addressing the host. The host beamed back at him, an obviously practiced grin on his face. "How are you?"

"Well, I'm doing just fantastic, Dean. How are you? I'm sad to hear that Castiel won't be joining us this evening," James said.