48

"They ain't have a dr

"They ain't have a dr.pepper so I got you a sprite." Makai mumbled coming back from the vending machine.

I just been sitting still crying in the same spot with his blood still on me. I couldn't stop thinking about him bleeding in my arms as tears fell down his face.

"He gone pull through." Makai told me as he wrapped his arms around my shoulder and I just laid my head on him.

Then I just started thinking about Aubrie. It's not fair that she was shot at her own baby shower.

Some people in her family was here too, it was her mom, auntie, cousin and sister.

"Aubrie James." A doctor said and we all looked up.

"Pls tell me my daughter and grand baby okay." Her mom pleaded and the doctor sighed.

"Because of where her bullet wound was we had to deliver her baby early, he's in the NICU right now, we tried everything we could but your daughter didn't make it." He said and her mom almost fell out before Aubrie's cousin and auntie grabbed her and her sister just walked out.

I just started crying even more. I built a bond with Aubrie her whole pregnancy, she was so excited to be a mom and now that chance was stolen from her.

"The father is next in kin for the baby, is he around?" She asked.

"He was shot too, his name is Landon Robinson." Karmyn spoke up.

"I apologize i wasn't aware." She said flipping through the pages on her clipboard. "He's in critical condition but there hasn't been any recent updates i'll make sure to let you know when there is one." She said.

"Ma'am I can take you to your daughter." She said and her mom nodded before grabbing her purse and leaving.

"This would've never happened if it wasn't for Landon, I told her to stay away from him." Her cousin said and we all snapped our head at her.

"Keep my brother name out yo' mouth." I said.

"Excuse me?" She said.

"She don't gotta repeat herself you heard what she said, fuck." Makai said.