Chapter 7: Red Rain

"Onii-chan wasn't there to watch you grow up into a strong person

"Onii-chan wasn't there to watch you grow up into a strong person. But, I'm proud of you. You... grew up really well."

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

Hiyori and her brothers ran away from the group of men. The girl let out a breath as she held it when they were running. They stopped as they lost the Kamizono men.

"Masaki, Hiroto, Hiyori," Takeru called.

"Don't mess with me!" Hiroto exclaimed as he gripped Takeru's coat and pulled him. "Why did you keep quiet about this?" Hiroto asked.

"Are we a burden to you?"

Hiyori let out another sigh.

Hiyori was honestly and undeniably scared for them. One wrong move and they can get killed. This is not a street fight that she used to do when she was younger. This is not like the Port Battle that happened a few weeks ago.

This is clearly more dangerous than they could imagine. They are an organization that kills people and they are now targeting them.

But she doesn't have the time to be scared right now. She gotta do something to survive with her brothers. And she will go home to Cobra.

Because that's what she promised. And she never breaks promises.

Not now, not ever.

She followed Masaki from behind as they started walking a few inches away from Takeru and Hiroto.

"No," Takeru replied.

"Aniki, was that a lie?" Masaki decided to speak. "You said... use your hands to protect what you consider important. Then, why are you using a gun?!"

Hiroto lightly pushed Takeru as he let go of him. Hiyori looked at the gun that Takeru is holding. She looked up to see his face.

"Why would you do this?" Hiyori spoke and she looked at him with pain visible in her eyes. "Mom and Dad would never, ever, want you to avenge them! If you get revenge, it will never end. More people will get hurt."

Takeru stared at her sister. She was not a twelve-year-old kid anymore, she grew up so well that she can stand up for herself. She is not a fragile flower that reminds him of pure innocence. She is more of a person who symbolizes strength and support for someone.

How did he miss her growing up? He should have been there watching her, but Kuryu separated her away from them.

Masaki pulled her behind a pillar as they heard some men approaching. While Hiroto pulled Takeru to him. Masaki pulled the girl closer to her when the men started firing. She let out a nervous breath and shut her eyes for a moment.