Oneshot Chapter

Sakura had absolutely had it, Naruto and Sasuke where always off being trained and where becoming extremely famous shinobi. Yet here she was just another genin kunoichi with no real specialty. Like how could it even be possible? She was the daugther to an important village elder and yet she was being beaten by orphans.

 Thinking on it, when they met the sound 4 she remembered feeling like she was incapable of doing anything. Maybe Orochimaru was just right about her being nothing but dead weight. She remembered how naruto had refuted that. It was that very reason that she was on her way to Lady Hokage's Office. Naruto and Sasuke where being trained with sannin, so why shouldn't she? She just had to catch up to them somehow!

"I am here to make a request, my Lady" She politely asked as she oppened the door, "I would like to be your apprentice."

Tsunade then raises her head to look at Sakura, then staring at her is if to make Sakura question her decision. Given that Sakura didn't flich, "Very Well, be warned I won't go easy on you", Tsunade then with this statement points Sakura to a table with an injured fish lying on scroll paper.

She then rests her hand on the fish and a faint green glow appears above her hands. Sakura's mental determination increases as she wants to be aknowledged too. Tsunade noted how focused and dedicated Sakura was and smiled slightly, knowing that she hadn't made a mistake by accepting the young genin's demand.

A short while later the fish began to twitch and began flopping on the table, Sakura was so excited. So excited that she didn't realise she had picked up that fish and kissed it.

Suddenly the room turned incredibly bright as Sakura's hopeful chakra flared through the Hokage's office. When the chakra died down. A beautiful figure now stood where the fish once stood.

"I was born in the fish man district of Ryugu country, but now? I am going to exchange a meal with whoever revived me!" The fishman announces, Sakura's hand covering her mouth and nose due to her getting a mild nosebleed, "People have called me 'F...

"I was born in the fish man district of Ryugu country, but now? I am going to exchange a meal with whoever revived me!" The fishman announces, Sakura's hand covering her mouth and nose due to her getting a mild nosebleed, "People have called me 'First son of the sea' Jinbei"

Sakura walked Jinbei to a popular dango store called 'Dango-ya', in the store Sakura ordered a small plate of beef dumplings whilst the legendary fishman ordered a platter of "Some of everything". Sakura inquired as to why he wanted some of everything only to be told that eating is life.

"If Jinbei likes food, then I'll have to know what tastes the best!" Sakura thought quietly to herself with a faint blush.

The new couple enjoyed their hearty meal, team 7 needed a third member since Sasuke was technically a missing-nin. So Jinbei joined the squad.

Despite Sakura never growing stronger due to this event, it did help her grow. It taught her to be confident in herself.

Author Note:

Went slightly over the 500 word limit I gave myself... I pretty much rushed this one because it's just a crack oneshot and not a dedicated project. Hope it was atleast decent enough to read. Have a good day