11

''Remember, with great power comes great responsibility.''

IN THIS WAY, Megumi decided to stay here for a moment as I told him everything about me. It took me minutes to clarify what I was achieving as I noticed that Megumi was very observant and a good listener. 

You need this man in your life. 

I turned my head away from him and met the sky, hoping he could read what I was too afraid to say. 

''You seem afraid,'' Megumi observed. ''Why are you so against us helping you out?'' 

I sighed. Well, If I'm going to tell anyone, it might as well be Megumi. 

''I just don't want anybody to get hurt,'' I mumbled while looking down, averting his gaze on me. 

''You don't need to worry Y/n. Whatever happens, you won't be fighting alone anymore. We're a team from now on.'' He reassured me, but that does not change the fact that I still don't want anyone to get involved with my issue. 

I gave him a simple nod to lessen the piece if I disagreed. 

The pale crescent moon shone like a silvery claw in the night sky as I watched them from the window of my room. I was relaxing on my bed as random thoughts filled my head. A sudden ring from my phone was heard as I quickly get the phone beside me with my web shooter. 

It was a random number but eventually, I picked up the call and received an answer, ''Hi! Y/n it's me Junpei and I think we should meet up again.'' I was surprised at how did he get my number. Oh- never mind, I gave him my number for urgent occasions after my last meeting with him. How could I forget? 

''Did you find something?'' I asked. 

''Yes, I'm telling you everything and the plan.'' He replied, as I quickly got up and get ready to meet up with him. I suited up before sliding my window and shooting my web shooters to begin swinging. 

It is the type of coldness that reaches into my bones, as I kept ongoing. The only thing to do is keep moving. I landed on the ground as I continued walking down the busy streets while deactivating my suit. 

I continued to push past people when suddenly someone bumped into me. ''Oww my leg.. my.. my feelings..'' A familiar voice was heard through my ears.

''Ethan!'' I screamed as I helped him get up from the ground before apologizing. ''I'm so sorry, man.'' I'm surprised on why was he doing here in the middle of the night but I eventually dragged him to go with me. 

''Did you know that Mahito destroyed the new lego that I build in the past few weeks?'' Ethan confessed while giving me a miserable expression. ''HE DID WHAT?'' 

''Yeah, and then he disappeared just like that.'' Ethan sighed as he linked arms with me before it was my time to burst out knowing fully well that Ethan was really happy about showing me his work when we got the chance to meet up again and it was now destroyed. ''Do you want me to kill him?'' I blurted out. 

Ethan looked stunned as he quickly shrugged it off, ''No. no, you don't need to do that. Il just builds it again.'' He smiled at me while reassuring me. Ethan is a highly intelligent science enthusiast, hacker, and gamer, though he is also somewhat socially awkward, hence he is still my closest friend. 

I remember the first time when he found out I was Spider-girl. He was very excited that I was a superhero and immediately wanted to be my guy in the chair and he would offer support to me whenever he could. 

''Oh yeah right.. Honestly, I'm so evil and yeah I should not go emo just by that.'' I shook my head as I hit it countless times about feeling stupid. 

''Yeah right, you sleep with a stuffed Spider-Girl toy.'' Ethan exposed me while giving me a shrug. 

I gasped and defended myself, ''She's my second in command in my army of darkness!''

And so on we continued giving out jokes and stuff until we finally reached our destination. ''Yn!'' Someone called out to me from an alleyway, and it was Junpei. He's wearing his usual black jacket with black pants. 

Ethan and I approached Junpei as he began giving us the explanation. ''First of all, they are holding a meeting in the same place tomorrow.'' 

''This is our chance on defeating them in able to destroy the machine because the next day they're going to switch on the machine again to open up another multiverse.'' He explained. 

He also told us that we will only have two rivals. The first one is Getto, the exorcism ritual Getto uses involves a ball that absorbs the curses in it. Once the ball absorbs the curse, Getto consumes and ingests it. 

呪霊 じゅれい 操術 そうじゅつ, JUREI SOJUTSU is an Innate Technique used by Suguru Getto that allows him to control curses he exorcises and takes in.

The second one was a guy that I hadn't met yet and had no idea what he looked like. His cursed technique grants him the ability to reshape souls. Doing so allows him to disfigure the body of his victims, heal his wounds, transform his appendages into weapons, and a limitless variety of other possible transformations. 

Honestly, the second guy creeps me out but I should never let the fear of striking out get in my way. ''And after we finished all of the first plans, all we got to do is find the engine room and plug the flash drive in one of the seals to disable the collider.'' He finished, before giving me a side hug, ''Good luck! I'm sure we'll do great.''