14

Molten red blood squirted from my wounds as my breath hitched in every strike I took from them. My vision was getting blurry from all the charges that I received. It's as if there was no other way than to obtain this damage. My body was worn out just as they continued to gash me.

Make a mistake once and it became a lesson. Make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice. I choose to fight back against the mess life throws at me rather than desperately searching for an opportunity to escape from it.

If I fight back and got hit, it hurts a little while. If I don't fight back it hurts forever.

''Alright, let's get this thing on again,'' Mahito ordered Geto.

The moment they push down the control, everything started to get giddy and unsteady. It felt like a small sharp jolt that is followed by a few stronger sharp shakes that pass quickly.

I need to fight back the fear in my life and take back the time when I was in control. It is nothing but an illusion created inside my mind. Mahito and Geto do not expect their prey to fight back. May they never choose me, but, If they did, Il surprises them.

They all stood in their glory, looking down on me with disgust as they got to work. Yanking the flash drive away from me before attempting to crush it.

The normal speed that was plastered before my very eyes appears to be slowed down. I guess this was the end. The flash drive was the only key to going home and being in my dimension where I belong.

''On you're left'' A familiar voice called out as Geto was suddenly ambushed by a man with a sword that was trying to strike his neck. Geto widened his eyes when he saw Yuta Okkotsu, his old rival bombarded him with such rage. ''I'll crush someone who would belittle my loved ones and kill innocent people!'' Geto was thrown out from us until we heard a loud thud, meaning he was already knocked out on the walls somewhere.

Yuta retreated from his position as he strolled towards me and helped me get up as both of my legs shook before handing me the flash drive. He gave me a grin while moving his right hand to pat me on the shoulder to reassure me that everything was going to be fine. ''Y/n, you can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.''

''Yeah, your real friends will always have your back no matter how bad things may go.'' Someone jumps into the conversation beside me. I look to my right as I saw Maki walking toward me while holding her cursed weapon. Maki then looked around while asking Yuta, ''Is that everyone?''

''What? You wanted more?'' Yuta rolled his eyes while Maki just shrugged her shoulders before I heard light footsteps coming behind me. It was my classmates and my two hot teachers. All of them were beside and behind me. Speaking of friends, the best ones always have your back.

Holy cow- this is like the Avengers but in the Japanese version. I straightened my posture as I locked eyes with the man who killed Junpei as he summon dozen of cursed spirits among his side.

ASSEMBLE

The rumbling started as we all ran towards each of our opponents. My eyes are locked on Mahito's figures as he tried climbing through the room where it has all the commands. Everyone was pretty much occupied as Maki and Yuta were fighting with Geto and the rest were handling the curses.

I ran to Mahito as someone caught up beside me, running together at the same pace. ''Yuji!''

''I will handle Mahito while you go plugin that thing so you could go home.'' He stated while smiling at me, running past me as I nodded. From what I recall, Junpei mentioned that there will be a plugin for one of the toggles to match with the flash drive. I owe you this one and I thank you for assisting me through my problems even though it's short-lived.