Chapter 1: Horizon

"Hino Junpei, you bastard, don't ignore your girlfriend

"Hino Junpei, you bastard, don't ignore your girlfriend."

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

It took them almost three weeks to finally persuade Hiyori to go outside of her apartment. Cobra and the others tried to cheer her up as they missed the girl's usual smile that was contagious.

Her smile can basically make you smile as well. They missed it so much.

Naomi usually came by her apartment and bring her food. Sometimes she's with Nikka or the Ichigo Milk girls.

Hiyori always gave them a small smile but it doesn't reach her eyes and sometimes the girl would stare out into space, they would nudge her to snap her out of her thoughts.

Yamato and the other guys also came by her home as they gave the girl rice balls that were made by Hisako. Sometimes even Yamato's mother comes over to check up on the girl's state.

Hiyori always felt the motherly aura around her and Hisako comforted the girl as she cried in her arms.

They were all worried about her and Hiyori knew that. Especially Cobra but they didn't say anything about it. The girl just felt as if they constantly comes over and spends some of their free time with her just to cheer her up.

Even her brothers came by and called her or texted her once or twice a day.

Cobra even stayed over just so she will not be alone at night.

As Hiyori realized how much they worked hard on comforting and cheering her up, she finally let herself out of their house after three weeks. Three weeks after the small funeral that was held for the oldest Amamiya, Hiyori finally ended her mourning.

She stepped out of her apartment and made her way toward the diner. The bell chimed when she opened the door, Cobra and the others looked at her in surprise. The girl smiled at them and made her way toward Naomi.

Tetsu and Chiharu looked at each other as they grinned. Dan looked at the girl with a small smile of relief. Yamato and Noboru nodded with the same expression on their faces. Cobra looked at the girl and sighed. They made eye contact as he smiled back at her.

"Morning," she greeted Naomi as she sat on the barstool.

"Good morning," Naomi greeted back with a wide smile on her face. The two girls giggled at their reactions. "I'll go and make you some breakfast."

"But—"

"You're losing weight, seriously," Naomi told her as she gave Hiyori a stern look. "I'm going to make you breakfast and you're going to eat it."

Hiyori nodded slowly and sighed. She can't argue with that. She had barely eaten within the past few weeks and she even lost weight with all the crying until she fell asleep.