Chapter 3: Questions

"These things are needed to be done in order to protect this town

"These things are needed to be done in order to protect this town."

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

As usual, Hiyori sat down on Cobra's usual spot at Itokan while the blonde is standing and leaning against the table.

"Why is the atmosphere like this?" Naomi whined as she noticed the gloomy looks on the Hoodlum Squad members.

"Shut up, ugly!" Yamato told her. "Oh, you cut your hair?" he asked as he noticed Naomi's new haircut.

"It's none of your business," the girl spat.

"Why did Rocky reject the alliance?" Kabuto asked as he made his way into one of the empty seats and sits down.

"He hates being grouped together. He even kicked out his friends," Ken said.

"I don't think he kicked them out for that reason," Hiyori told them.

"How do you know that?" Chiharu asked her.

"I don't," she shakes her head. "I just thought that he's not that kind of a shallow person."

"I don't know what that guy's thinking," Chiharu commented. "Although, we don't know his personal affairs."

The conversation continued but Hiyori tuned it out as she stared at Cobra while wondering what he was thinking.

"We can't do anything for now. But if the contents of the USB were to be exposed to the public..." Noboru trailed off. Hiyori sighed. "It will be chaos."

Noboru sighed, "Kuryu will be destroyed and the casino development plan will be stopped then Hyuga will understand. We only need to wait for Kohaku-san to expose it."

"No matter what happens, we can't change anything," Yamato spoke. "These things are needed to be done in order to protect this town."

Noboru nodded as he smiled agreeing with what Yamato said. Hiyori stared at Cobra who stood up straight and headed to the door.

"Where are you going?" Yamato asked.

"I'm going to see Rocky," Cobra, who had been quiet throughout the conversation, replied as he walked out of the diner.

Hiyori sighed as she stared at the door where the blonde had gone out.

The girl's phone suddenly rang and she answered the call.

"Hello?"

[Yori, where are you?] It was Hiroto. Hiyori glanced at Noboru and the others, they were all looking at her in curiosity. She shook her head at them saying that they have nothing to worry about.