The Heist

"Nice camera

"Nice camera. Where'd you dig that relic up? Why don't you just use your phone?" JJ asks, peering over my shoulder to see the construction sight.

"His phone is in Gavin's car. Idiot." I say, muttering the last word.

"First of all, I like my antique electronics. Second of all this is telephoto. It allows me to get a close image from far away." Pope says.

"Lord of the dorks." Kie says, making me glare at her.

"For definitive proof of witness payoff, we're gonna need quality glass." Pope says.

"Yeah and I don't think the jury is gonna like hearing your asses bitch and moan about how Pope is good with technology, so shut up." I snap, looking at Kie and JJ.

"There he is." Pope says. We snap our heads around and see my father running through the rain with a bag under his arm.

"Yo, get down." JJ says, pulling my arm down.

"There's Gavin." I say, pointing the other way. He runs into the site, following after my father.

"We're are you going, you son of a bitch?" Pope says, looking through the camera. "I'm losing him!" Pope announces.

"Shit." I say.

"Hold on." JJ says, running back through the ally way. Eventually we hear him whistle and yell at us to come here. We go up the ladder and onto a roof where we can see everything that's going on.

"Are you getting it, P?" I ask.

"Yeah, yeah I see them." He says, nodding at me. "Ward just handed Gavin something. It looks like a duffel bag." 

"I think this is a payoff." JJ says.

"Gavin's yelling at Ward. He's getting really mad." Pope says.

"Why?" JJ asks.

"I don't know, but he looks pissed." Pope says. "Holy shit! They're fighting!" 

"What?!" I say.

"Ward's kicking the shit out of Gavin." Pope says.

I look further into the rain and look to see my father kicking Gavin. I see Dad pull something out of Gavin's pants and examine it.

"What is that?" I ask, Pope.

"Ward's got a gun." He says.

"I bet that's the murder weapon." Kie says.

I look back at the scene and see my father walking away from Gavin. He suddenly turns around and shoots at Gavin. Kie lets out a loud gasp as the others duck down. I fall to the ground in shock of what I just saw.

"No, no, no, no, no. That did not just happen." She says, in disbelief.

"Pope, tell me you just got that." JJ says.