Chapter 4: Making Choices

"I want to take down Kuryu, too

"I want to take down Kuryu, too. But I also don't want my friends to get hurt! Cobra, you too, right?"

ꨄ︎ꨄ︎ꨄ︎

As she got home after the interrogation at the police station, she flopped herself on the sofa and stared at her living room with a tired sigh.

The girl then noticed the box she had taken from the old cabin. She hasn't checked all of the contents inside of it.

She huffed as she stood up. She took the box down from her shelves beside the kitchen. With a grunt, she placed it on the coffee table.

The girl started to take out her old things. Some dolls, old pictures, and her journals. She kept a journal until she was fifteen when her grandpa recommended writing things that she does for that day. It was some kind of therapy to her as when she writes, it eases her mind.

The girl then stopped as she noticed a small golden pin inside the box. She frowned as it was some kind of familiar pin.

The symbol was familiar to her.

It was Kuryu's symbol.

"Where the hell did this come from?" she questioned herself.

She furrowed her eyebrows as she wondered why would she have something like this. She never kept something like this.

Heck, she only found out about Kuryu recently. Aside from knowing Kamizono when she was young.

Now, she was full of questions about her grandfather, especially that Saigo, a corrupted detective, knew the old man.

The girl sighed and put it inside her pants' back pocket. She stepped towards her front door and took her black leather jacket as she completely left her apartment.

• • •

"Hey, why don't we just forget about the USB flash drive?" Dan suddenly asked making Hiyori look at him in surprise.

She's sitting down at the bar counter and was having small conversations with Naomi when Dan came up with the question. Hiyori stared down at her empty plate and balled her fist in frustration. Naomi glanced at the girl on her side.

"You mean just let Kuryu have its way?" Yamato asked.

"That's not what I meant. The casino itself isn't a bad thing. The redevelopment will help a lot of people like Tetsu's family."

Cobra looked at him as Dan is sitting across from his direction. He glanced at Hiyori for a moment, he can't see her reaction as the girl is slightly bowing her head.

"Things won't improve here as long as Kuryu's around," Cobra told him. "Shortsightedness and greed will ruin us eventually."

The Hoodlum Squad leader looked at Tetsu.